Unpopular Opinions (2 Viewers)

One recent example of this was Micheal Martin saying that half of recent arrivals into Dublin airport were returning from holidays. Twitter went fucking nuts. But, while twitter is busy going nuts over the biggest red herring related to covid, they're being distracted from a tonne of other shite that is more worthy of our outrage.
This is part of what I'm talking about. If people are going to lose their minds over a red herring, shoot off tweets, rant, facebook essay etc etc they are culpable - they are the fake news, they are the conspiracy, they are the govt mouthpiece. Free will and critical thought are legal in ireland.

There are tens of news stories that go completely undetected every day - completely sink - they are all there, freely available but the public do the magnifying - and can be 100% vital information. The response to that might be 'but the spin department fired off a few covering shots and we missed it' - no, we live in the information era, everyone now has the responsibility to either amplify or ignore. Everyone is responsible for spotting clickbait. The tools to deal with this are also freely availalble.

This is part of what I'm talking about. If people are going to lose their minds over a red herring, shoot off tweets, rant, facebook essay etc etc they are culpable - they are the fake news, they are the conspiracy, they are the govt mouthpiece. Free will and critical thought are legal in ireland.

There are tens of news stories that go completely undetected every day - completely sink - they are all there, freely available but the public do the magnifying - and can be 100% vital information. The response to that might be 'but the spin department fired off a few covering shots and we missed it' - no, we live in the information era, everyone now has the responsibility to either amplify or ignore. Everyone is responsible for spotting clickbait. The tools to deal with this are also freely availalble.
well said, and I 100% agree.

People with the loudest mouths are often the biggest idiots.

a Hallmark holiday, invented by pricks who sell pancake mix and lemons

How much does it cost to make a bunch of pancakes? Pennies per cake I'd reckon. It's hardly the best way to make super profits.
I always thought pancake Tuesday is what you do to keep the kids occupied after you've spent all your money on xmas and winter bills, and all you have left in the house is flour, eggs, sugar and that lemon thing you never actually use.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back