• Biden/Harris

Votes: 12 57.1%
  • Monsoon/Heenan

Votes: 5 23.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I made it 9 seconds on the video

this is my new ringtone.

This admin has underlined nicely the degree to which the Evangelical Christian movement are completely morally bankrupt. (If that was necessary.) They have been absolutely lockstep with Trump, even more so than the Mormons.

People hammer on about Catholicism being evil, and it definitely was/is, but the Evangelical guys never really caught the same flack. In terms of cultishness, and whipping people into line, the Evangelicals are worse than the Catholicism I think.

have seen a couple of 'you've been claiming election interference/voter fraud for the last 4 years and now you're saying the election is 100% reliable' jabs thrown at dem supporters.

124578770_10219252119920060_4925356603187346201_n.jpg

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

It's very easy not to try to understand the context in which these guys are thinking, and where they're coming from. It's tempting to just think of them as fucking morons shouting about brain dead stuff because they've nothing better to do, and if you did think that way, you'd be correct.

Watching Irish friends tearing strips off each other and having a genuine falling out on Facebook over these election results. Not nice.

P.S. Fuck Facebook

Watching Irish friends tearing strips off each other and having a genuine falling out on Facebook over these election results. Not nice.

P.S. Fuck Facebook

Fascism and strongman politics have been popular I guess since the start of civilization? Some people are just into that, they like the idea of tough guys, putting a bit of stick about. This is going to be true now and in the future.

I know loads of those people, Israeli soldiers, Irish PhDs, who think like this. There's a cleanness and simplicity in their minds, things are binary. Extreme force gets results, everything else is coddling and "PC gone mad" shit.

"Criminals are bad, lock them to a radiator and scoot a plate of food over to them once a day for a year. Then they will learn."

You only have to read the comments on any journal.ie article to see how prevalent that viewpoint is. Nothing gets people excited like the opportunity to dish out some guilt-free punishment.

I suppose the "soft" version of it comes through films like Zero Dark Thirty which says you can trust the good guys to defeat the bad guys, people like Samantha Power who launder all sorts of horror through "education of an idealist" narratives, or, you know, via life "optimization" in Silicon Valley.

Last edited:
You only have to read the comments on any journal.ie article to see how prevalent that viewpoint is. Nothing gets people excited like the opportunity to dish out some guilt-free punishment.

I suppose the "soft" version of it comes through films like Zero Dark Thirty which says you can trust the good guys to defeat the bad guys, people like Samantha Power who launder all sorts of horror through "education of an idealist" narratives, or, you know, via life "optimization" in Silicon Valley.

Journal comments is really only about 300 people with nothing better to do. Kinda like a sub of boards or something. Same names and viewpoints.

Like I'm aware thumped is technically the same thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back