Coronavirus: Better Call Sol - CORONAMANIA (17 Viewers)

I'm really wrecked today and totally paranoid that I'm getting it but I've checked my temperature a few times (a first as an adult) and it's fine. I think I might be just knackered after the week that's in it. I know a lot of people here were experiencing the same thing over the weekend

It's much less serious but it really sunk in today that its going to be ages before I get to have a hangover, a crappy coffee from a machine and jambon and nothing to do.

Its like if a first world problem mated with a minor complaint.

It's much less serious but it really sunk in today that its going to be ages before I get to have a hangover, a crappy coffee from a machine and jambon and nothing to do.

Its like if a first world problem mated with a minor complaint.

It's possible you'll have a hangover and nothing to do at some stage

A LETTER FROM F. SCOTT FITZGERALD, QUARANTINED IN 1920 IN THE SOUTH OF FRANCE DURING THE SPANISH INFLUENZA OUTBREAK.

Dearest Rosemary,

It was a limpid dreary day, hung as in a basket from a single dull star. I thank you for your letter. Outside, I perceive what may be a collection of fallen leaves tussling against a trash can. It rings like jazz to my ears. The streets are that empty. It seems as though the bulk of the city has retreated to their quarters, rightfully so. At this time, it seems very poignant to avoid all public spaces. Even the bars, as I told Hemingway, but to that he punched me in the stomach, to which I asked if he had washed his hands. He hadn’t. He is much the denier, that one. Why, he considers the virus to be just influenza. I’m curious of his sources.
The officials have alerted us to ensure we have a month’s worth of necessities. Zelda and I have stocked up on red wine, whiskey, rum, vermouth, absinthe, white wine, sherry, gin, and lord, if we need it, brandy. Please pray for us.
You should see the square, oh, it is terrible. I weep for the damned eventualities this future brings. The long afternoons rolling forward slowly on the ever-slick bottomless highball. Z. says it’s no excuse to drink, but I just can’t seem to steady my hand. In the distance, from my brooding perch, the shoreline is cloaked in a dull haze where I can discern an unremitting penance that has been heading this way for a long, long while. And yet, amongst the cracked cloudline of an evening’s cast, I focus on a single strain of light, calling me forth to believe in a better morrow.
Faithfully yours,
F. Scott Fitzgerald

LOL that pesky Hemingway, always up to no good!

Terrible day. My landlady is insisting on doing work in the house this Friday-next Friday which will leave us with no usable kitchen, sometimes no water, and one bathroom. We already only have one bathroom as someone in the house is self isolating. I explained all this but, no dice.

On top of that, I'm too nervous to go see my therapist in her office so I'm asking for a phone call session and that feels weird.

Everything feels weird.

I want to cry.

Fuck it, tell her you have the virus and anyone coming to do work will get it off you.

I don't know. I got excited and then a letter said my mortgage was going up.
How in feck can they do that with central bank rates everywhere plummeting?
Are you coming off the end of a variable period?

I am pretty sure you can call up and ask to be put on their best rate.
Like you can threaten to switch also. But it's a pain.

How in feck can they do that with central bank rates everywhere plummeting?
Are you coming off the end of a variable period?

I am pretty sure you can call up and ask to be put on their best rate.
Like you can threaten to switch also. But it's a pain.

No I live in the convoluted netherworld of govt linked morgages that track my income which is partially govt funded. It was affordable to me but its almost a part time admin nixxer on its own and only relates to the reality of a few arcane CS spreadsheets that spit out numbers every month or two.

No I live in the convoluted netherworld of govt linked morgages that track my income which is partially govt funded. It was affordable to me but its almost a part time admin nixxer on its own and only relates to the reality of a few arcane CS spreadsheets that spit out numbers every month or two.
Fair fucks to you for staying on that

Also thought this earlier but forgot to post, that quote fake Taoiseach Leo was using was fuckin Churchill wasn't it? Guess Leo would also like to be recognised as a genocidal murderer.

The purpose was clearly to get through to people that this is a historic moment that requires people to pull together. But sure you can’t please everyone.

when i was a kid in the 1980's i used to hear the word "GROUNDED"
used a lot on American kids TV shows.
something to do with being punished apparently ?

so one day i asked my mother what being grounded involved -

A: not being allowed leave the house.

ME: yeah, but then what kind of punishment do you have to do at home ?

A: that's it - not being allowed go out is the punishment.

ME: LOL, but that's not punishment at all !

i always have been a bit of a homer.
last few days made me realize i'm as happy here as anywhere and
just like when i was a kid going out and doing stuff isn't essential.

i'm still going out walking on back roads - met no one Wednesday.
and IT DIDN'T RAIN, a rare feat since early February - awesome.

this is my 1000th post on thumped.
only took me 15 plus years (some of those years i only did about 20 posts).

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back