BREXIT (16 Viewers)

Chatting to my brother about this yesterday...

A "soft" or "hard" Brexit... either way, Irish exporters are going to be fucked. Tonnes more paperwork, expenses, administrative stuff. I think you're fine if you're working in IT in Dublin or Cork... but for lots of other industries this is going to hit Ireland hard.

Britain is fucked.

Chatting to my brother about this yesterday...

A "soft" or "hard" Brexit... either way, Irish exporters are going to be fucked. Tonnes more paperwork, expenses, administrative stuff. I think you're fine if you're working in IT in Dublin or Cork... but for lots of other industries this is going to hit Ireland hard.

Britain is fucked.

Agriculture here is gonna take a hit for sure.

Oh yeah... the Good Friday Agreement is finished because of Brexit. Unless Britain agrees with the EU that Northern Ireland should effectively stay in the EU.

I reckon this will have a lot of repercussions for Britain. There's the threat of paramilitary violence again, but the fact they've pretty much torn up an international peace treaty because they like bendy bananas will be mean the international community will turn their back on them.

Britain's fucked.

Postmistress May, roadie Rees-Mogg and the ‘Great Twatsby’ dominate Tory conference

Extremely high quality name-calling by Marina Hyde in the I.T. and Guardian today:

"The Great Twatsby", "Unaboris", "the Cabbage Patch Draco Malfoy" and "Cuck Norris" (all for Boris Johnson)

Marina Hyde said:
Whether or not they can admit it to themselves, both parties (though Labour more so, being the opposition) are effectively waiting for a crisis to shift the numbers in their favour. No deal, a recession, a welfare system failure - the best hope for moving the polls is one disaster or another befalling the people whom their different forms of ineptitude have already shamefully failed. That is the most likely gamechanger - and a reminder that however atrocious the current state of politics feels, it is still not the darkest timeline. There are much darker ones, and we could easily cross into several of them

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back