Film chat (4 Viewers)

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Has anyone here seen this crazy sounding Russian movie Hard To Be A God? Based on a sci-fi novel by the same authors who wrote the book Stalker was adopted from. Earth people going to another planet and encountering a medieval civilisation. B&w, long, full of disgusting violence. It sounds so amazing I just ordered the DVD.

DVD arrived yesterday. Just need to find three hours to watch it now ....

Been meaning to watch that but have yet to find the right time/mood. Let me know how it is.

Three hours of watching people rolling around in shite

Finally watched this last night. Intriguing concept. Visually incredible. Filth and shit everywhere. You get the impression that the whole world just stinks. Everyone is obsessed with smelling things. (Even grabbing the little dog to take a good deep sniff of its balls.) Political intrigue, violence lots of violence, and lots of shit. It took a while to get into their weird culture and behaviour. For a while the strange language made me wonder if it was dodgy Russian translation but then I got into it. The exposition is limited so you have to figure out what's going on and who is who. After watching I had to look it up to get a clearer picture of what the hell I just saw.
It's no easy watch but it's so amazing looking I'd quite happily leave it on in the background as I'm doing something else.

Never has shit looked so amazing on screen.

Finally watched this last night. Intriguing concept. Visually incredible. Filth and shit everywhere. You get the impression that the whole world just stinks. Everyone is obsessed with smelling things. (Even grabbing the little dog to take a good deep sniff of its balls.) Political intrigue, violence lots of violence, and lots of shit. It took a while to get into their weird culture and behaviour. For a while the strange language made me wonder if it was dodgy Russian translation but then I got into it. The exposition is limited so you have to figure out what's going on and who is who. After watching I had to look it up to get a clearer picture of what the hell I just saw.
It's no easy watch but it's so amazing looking I'd quite happily leave it on in the background as I'm doing something else.

Never has shit looked so amazing on screen.
Still need to get around to this. Would love to see it on the big screen though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back