Film chat (1 Viewer)

Bernie Lomax

Threads
Same here, but Logan was amazing, and the Thor films are generally quite good but the avengers ones can go and shite. Doctor Strange was terrible too

Cornu Ammonis

Supporter
Contributor
Threads
Website
brainwashed.com
Same here, but Logan was amazing, and the Thor films are generally quite good but the avengers ones can go and shite. Doctor Strange was terrible too
I can't remember if I saw the second Thor, I felt the plot was pretty thin on the ground with him. I think I only saw the first Avengers film and not bothered with most of the rest.

I never liked any of the X-Men films apart from the one that's set in the 60s/70s. It's a shame because I always loved the comic but I never felt like they captured the same spirit in the movies. However, I have heard that Logan is great though and quite different from the rest so will give that a go when it makes its way to TV.

Oh and I'm not entirely a negative nancy about Marvel stuff, the Netflix serieseseses are head and shoulders above any of the movies I've seen.

Bernie Lomax

Threads
I can't remember if I saw the second Thor, I felt the plot was pretty thin on the ground with him. I think I only saw the first Avengers film and not bothered with most of the rest.

I never liked any of the X-Men films apart from the one that's set in the 60s/70s. It's a shame because I always loved the comic but I never felt like they captured the same spirit in the movies. However, I have heard that Logan is great though and quite different from the rest so will give that a go when it makes its way to TV.

Oh and I'm not entirely a negative nancy about Marvel stuff, the Netflix serieseseses are head and shoulders above any of the movies I've seen.
The Netflix shows are ok. They’re all three or four episodes too long though.

Cornu Ammonis

Supporter
Contributor
Threads
Website
brainwashed.com
The Netflix shows are ok. They’re all three or four episodes too long though.
I thought Jessica Jones was the only one that got the pacing right, first season of Daredevil was pretty balanced too but yeah, Luke Cage and second season of Daredevil were padded out way too much.

Jim Daniels

Burls Forever
Supporter
Threads
Website
twitter.com
According to Donald Clarke, Beauty and the Beast took in over €2.2m at the Irish Box office over its first 3 days. That seems really incredible to me. Massive amount of dosh.

Say the average admittance fee was €10, that's about 220,000 cinema goers. Who says the Big Screen is dead?!

It was Paddy's weekend in fairness, but still.

chris d

Supporter
Threads
I recorded American Hustle during the week because Amy Adams, but everything else about it looks mediocre. I don't think I want to wast 2 hours on it.

Cornu Ammonis

Supporter
Contributor
Threads
Website
brainwashed.com
I recorded American Hustle during the week because Amy Adams, but everything else about it looks mediocre. I don't think I want to wast 2 hours on it.
I watched it recently. It's not as good as you'd expect given the hype/number of nominations but it was enjoyable.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create a thumped.com account. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

We're listening to...

• The Stone Roses
    She Bangs the Drums - Remastered
    The Stone Roses
    The Stone Roses

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest posts

Trending Threads

Latest threads