Film chat (1 Viewer)

I watched this the other night, having first seen in about 30 years ago. A couple of scenes had stayed with me; "all roads lead back to the mansion" and Roger Daltrey's chicken bone tracheotomy . It's a fun yarn with a weirdly off-key ending but what stood out for me (apart from Sam Elliot's 70s boots) was the hilariously inappropriate soundtrack.

I can't think of another movie where the music was so unsuited. really, jarringly and hilariously unsuited.

Anyway, a decent yarn with some good scenes and settings. And Sam Elliot's boots.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I'm doing Spooktober, a horror film every day of October. So far:

images

9.4/10

The_Witch_poster.png

7/10

society-1989-movie-3.jpg

6.2/10

Its my turn to choose tonight, I'm trying to think of good, spooky animated horror films - any recs?

MV5BOWRjMTFhOGYtOTZhNC00OGQwLTgwYjctZDdlMWVlNzI4MGRiXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjkzMjQxNzU@._V1_SY1000_CR0,0,800,1000_AL_.jpg

The plot centers on Maynard (Shannon), a beloved local businessman who is mistaken for the legendary Bigfoot during an inebriated romp through town in a makeshift gorilla costume. The sightings set off an international Bigfoot media spectacle and a windfall of tourism dollars for a simple American town hit by hard times.

Pottersville (2017) - IMDb

on topic

Here’s my top 10 films of 2017

1. Happy End
2. Brawl in Cell Block 99
3. The Handmaiden
4. Toni Erdmann
5. Mother!
6. Lady Macbeth
7. Good Time
8. Personal Shopper
9. Logan
10.It Comes at Night

Haven’t seen Call Me By Your Name, Lady Bird, The Florida Project, Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri or Phantom Thread but I heard they’re all very good.

Here’s my top 10 films of 2017

1. Happy End
2. Brawl in Cell Block 99
3. The Handmaiden
4. Toni Erdmann
5. Mother!
6. Lady Macbeth
7. Good Time
8. Personal Shopper
9. Logan
10.It Comes at Night

Haven’t seen Call Me By Your Name, Lady Bird, The Florida Project, Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri or Phantom Thread but I heard they’re all very good.

I have only seen 3 of your 10, but I agree about The Handmaiden being great

Also a big fan of the Handmaiden. My favourite was Death of Stalin (best comedy I've seen in the cinema in years), followed by Dunkirk and Blade Runner. I also really enjoyed the Paul Laverty-penned El Olivo and the Irish documentary It's Not Yet Dark. Which puts me a bit out of step with the critics who seem to be going for other things although I haven't seen Call Me By Your Name which topped by the US and UK lists on the Guardian
Film | The Guardian

Can someone with good googling skills find an online version of this terrible movie?

It was filmed whre I grew up and I'd like to see it again but it doesn't appear to be online anywhere. Or is it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back