Your work situation (5 Viewers)

New job lined up?

same general organisation just a different department. met most of them yesterday and they all seem normal.

enjoying the shit going down here over the last few days. major IT program in meltdown. way over budget, senior finance team refusing to sign it off - everyone trying to cover their own arses and shift the blame. Ideal Private Eye material.

same general organisation just a different department. met most of them yesterday and they all seem normal.

enjoying the shit going down here over the last few days. major IT program in meltdown. way over budget, senior finance team refusing to sign it off - everyone trying to cover their own arses and shift the blame. Ideal Private Eye material.

conair.jpg

When you’ve decided that you want to leave your job, every second in your current job that you’re not updating your CV or applying for other jobs is pretty awful

Can I ask, what's it like in your industry ar your level? Is it a lot of hustling to get temporary jobs or what? I'm hopefully out of mine in about 9 months but it's a very traditional protected from the market kind of job so I could be here for the next 10 years if I wanted to be.

Can I ask, what's it like in your industry ar your level? Is it a lot of hustling to get temporary jobs or what? I'm hopefully out of mine in about 9 months but it's a very traditional protected from the market kind of job so I could be here for the next 10 years if I wanted to be.
No, I have enough experience that I think I I’ll find something pretty quickly. I’ve done runner, production assistant, production manager and now I’m an assistant producer. Next step for me is producer. Thing is I’m working in corporate film which I find terribly boring – making films for cigarette companies financial results or a bank’s 100th year anniversary etc…
I could easily stay here for 10 years, but I’d hate my job and hate my clients and I want to move into documentaries/features/drama etc. They are a different kettle of fish so I might have to do a bit more time in a junior role in one of those companies for a while. I’m not sure. Gonna look at what’s out there and take a view…

my new office has natural light, instant boiling water, a Dyson Airblade Mk 2 which does a fabulous job of drying my hands fully in a timely manner and the phone never rings.

I think sitting at a desk all day will kill me though if I don't seriously up my exercise regime from my 1 or 2 5k runs a week. My last job was half desk based but involved moving around various locations and doing heavy lifting.
Just walk or bike home?

It's summer!

Me and my current clients

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back