What movie did you watch last night? (34 Viewers)

I saw American Sniper in an attempt to understand what the fuck everyone is getting all worked up about.

I laughed out loud at a few moments... probably would have gotten myself beaten up if I lived in the states.

I thought Bradley Cooper was good though.

Watched that Colin Farrell / Bruce Willis / Terence Howard nonsense on RTE 2 tonight - Hart's War. About this Nazi POW camp where the American soldiers are all being racist to poor old Terence and stuff.
Fairly preposterous film, but it was a good oul lark nonetheless, and it makes ya wonder right enough how black soldiers were treated in the American army and all.
Farrell in fairness is actually quite decent in the film, and Terence Howard is very good as the black fella on trial. Bruce Willis plays Bruce Willis, whilst the camp commandant is some Romanian fellow that does a pretty good job of portraying a Nazi POW camp commander as more than one-dimensional.
Fairly decent flick really, but not really something to go actively looking for!

Trying to see every Oscar movie. Went to Imitation Game yesterday. I'd say bout 10 minutes from the end, the fucking fire alarms went off, so we had to leave poor Benedict in the middle of his big Oscar speech about not wanting to be alone.
We got given 3 free tickets each and retired to a coffee house. Still though, I'll never find out how that ends.

Trying to see every Oscar movie. Went to Imitation Game yesterday. I'd say bout 10 minutes from the end, the fucking fire alarms went off, so we had to leave poor Benedict in the middle of his big Oscar speech about not wanting to be alone.
We got given 3 free tickets each and retired to a coffee house. Still though, I'll never find out how that ends.

alien invasion

A Most Violent Year

Excellent. Hadn't read anything about it in advance, which really paid off. My favourite of the big hitters so far. Still have to see Whiplash... which isn't really appealing to me though

Edit: I assumed this was nominated for several Oscars - but it seems not!

Last edited:
I watched In Fear last night. The premise of a young couple getting lost on their way to a music festival in Ireland made me curious. I expected it to be awful, but it was a much different movie than I'd imagined. It's tense, creepy..genuinely disturbing...and then it gets repetitive, full of cliches and in the end annoying and unsastisfying. It's a good low budget, indie horror and has good things going for it. The acting is good, the way we are "in" the car with the protagonists for most of the movie is well done. The fact we never get to the irish music festival is good. The ending though..and gaping plot holes..

So, worth a look on a Saturday night at least.

infear1.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back