Lots of famous people's boobs on the internet (2 Viewers)

Not totally. You'd need to set up a like for like comparison.

Get your TV stolen out of your house, and then get blamed for both it being stolen, and resold. When you get blamed for the distribution of your stolen goods as well as them being stolen, then you have a like for like comparison.
I don't see how that is a like for like comparison. Who is blaming these celebratie for the distribution of the images ? I though everyone was blaming 4chan and Reddit for that ?

It would be more like if we got robbed and had stuff stolen and then people blamed us for having that thing around to steal in the first place.

Oh wait that happened too. A room mate had €1,000 cash in his room to pay an outstanding debt and guess what.

Garda "You shouldn't ever have that amount of cash on you ever"

or without you retaliating by following me around mehing my posts afterwards...

I meh you because I don't agree with you and couldn't be bothered engaging in the type of behaviour you'r engaging in all the fucking time. A simple meh to register your disagreement and then move on with our lives.

"I love Nuetral Milk Hotel"

"Meh"

On with life
Isn't insulting others about half of your message board M.O?
Yup.

I remember when i was about 17 some lads kicked the shit out of me and I was hospitalized. At the time I pretty much blamed myself "for taking the risk of walking down a dark alley at night". Still kind of do to be honest; some people are just gonna be shits and there's not much I can do about it. I'm such a victim blamer :(

I remember when i was about 17 some lads kicked the shit out of me and I was hospitalized. At the time I pretty much blamed myself "for taking the risk of walking down a dark alley at night". Still kind of do to be honest; some people are just gonna be shits and there's not much I can do about it. I'm such a victim blamer :(
did you blow a gasket in your brain when you looked at those j-law pics? your critical faculties seem to have taken a nose-dive this week

I was just up on the top floor of our building and I could see in to the hostel across the way and there was some South American wan walking around one of the rooms pretty much starkers.

I did not look away.

Turns out I'm not so fucking high and mighty either

I was just up on the top floor of our building and I could see in to the hostel across the way and there was some South American wan walking around one of the rooms pretty much starkers.

I did not look away.

Turns out I'm not so fucking high and mighty either

You didn't take pictures though right? You can still claim the high moral ground, just not the highest.

Sleepy, how could you?? You were my inspiration, my proof that one could do better...

Most of the time in that hostel though it's just lads standing at the window bollock naked brushing their teeth. I don't know why

Someone On the Internet with whom I completely agree said:
Why is it so important for everyone to argue about who’s ultimately at fault here? There’s plenty of blame to go around. The person who released these pictures is a terrible human being. If Apple has flaws in iCloud, then shame on them. And anyone taking naked pictures of themselves and sending them across the Internet is creating risk. There are a bunch of parties at fault here. Some are certainly more morally wrong than others, but that doesn’t mean that there are valid lessons to be learned for the rest of them.

If I don’t bother to lock my front door when I leave the house, is there any question that I made a mistake? That doesn’t mean I deserved to be robbed, but I should’ve known better. It doesn’t absolve the guy that wandered in and stole my stuff from his guilt at all, but it’s fair to criticize me as well. I wish we lived in a world where I could leave my doors unlocked, but that’s not the world that exists, and that should be obvious.

These celebrities did not deserve to have their pictures distributed, but they made decisions that made this event possible. If they’ve been paying any attention to the world around them, they’d have understood that there is a huge market for naked celebrity photos, and that being the case, maybe allowing them into “the cloud” wasn’t the best idea.

Is it fair that celebrities have to be extra wary of this sort of thing? Maybe not, but very little of the world is fair, and we have to live our lives accordingly.

It seems every thread about something like this on the internet devolves into this "victim blaming".

Perhaps it's inevitable after years of actual victim blaming that people are sensitive about it. But someone suggesting you should be careful and that personal responsibility is important is not the same as a lawyer suggesting the victim had it coming because her skirt was too short.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back