Good man Stephen Ireland... (2 Viewers)

There is no chance that fool will be playing for us under Trap and rightly so. Here is the video of that goal celebration:

[video=youtube_share;2AHzWGZMLk8]http://youtu.be/2AHzWGZMLk8[/video]

OKay, in second viewing there's nothing in it.
YOu're right, no chance of him getting a look in, but on the slimmest chance that there was. I'm sure Trap would first consult the Villa boys and the elder statesmen of the team (Duff, Given) to ask their view on his likely effect on morale. If Dunne and Keane said he's a dickhead, that would be the end of it

We could just play an Aston Villa XI team for the Euros sure. Andy Townsend could coach them.

aston-villa-ireland.jpg

OKay, in second viewing there's nothing in it.
YOu're right, no chance of him getting a look in, but on the slimmest chance that there was. I'm sure Trap would first consult the Villa boys and the elder statesmen of the team (Duff, Given) to ask their view on his likely effect on morale. If Dunne and Keane said he's a dickhead, that would be the end of it

Exactly, the only criterion should be is whether or not he makes the team better.

Have I mentioned that he scores goals for us?

Exactly, the only criterion should be is whether or not he makes the team better.

Have I mentioned that he scores goals for us?

He scored goals for us when his form at club level made him look like one of the best players in the league, he's been mediocre ever since then. As for if he makes the team better if it were just on talent than perhaps he does but the basic role of a player in a team isn't just to perform individualy it's to help the team perform overall as a collective and if there's a bunch of guys who don't really want him there then that won't happen. You can say, they should get over it, and perhaps they should but I'm not sure that they will. If he performed at the level he could then perhaps the positives negate the potential problems but he's not playing that well for us.

As it stands there's plenty of players who weren't involved in qualification but who could come in and improve the squad or team who wouldn't arrive in with the same amount of baggage as daddy dick; McLean and Meyler at Sunderland, Hoolahan and Pilkington at Norwich (perhaps even Tierney too), they've all been available but haven't had a look in. Even Stephen Reid if he were called up, he made himself unavailable for very different reasons. Right now I'd view Ireland as similar to the likes of Noble or O'Hara who've been dicking us around about declaring for years, if they decided they wanted to play now it'd leave a bad taste.

You can't have a player like him in a side like ours. Imagine the amount of hairdryer treatment that (rightfully) gets meated out to the likes of Andrews, Gibson, McGeady and Green at half time and then there's that swanning bald cunt in the corner that no one can look at sideways without him killing his granny and fucking off. Fuck that we don't seem to have one prima donna in the side at the moment and we don't need one fucking up the apple cart.

Anyway looking at the premier league right now it seems new Irish lads are turning up in squads faster than new irish lads behind bars in london. It could be the beginning of something daycent.

Looking at sideways is hardly the same as being physically held down by a bunch of people that are supposed to be your teammates while they pull the fuck out of your hair and make shit of you.
He may not have done the right thing afterwards, but they bullied the fuck out of him.
Why would anyone willingly put themselves through that. More sinned against than sinning in my book.
Stephen Hunt particularly can go fuck himself in this regard.

I think we have gone full circle on this now.

Fuck that regardless of what happened in the past under a different manager, you can't rely on a lad who will fuck off at any minute.

Well in the hypothetical world of him coming back, which for now only exists in his dingbat girlfriend's head, let's hope he has matured in his time away and blah blah blah

Looking at sideways is hardly the same as being physically held down by a bunch of people that are supposed to be your teammates while they pull the fuck out of your hair and make shit of you.
He may not have done the right thing afterwards, but they bullied the fuck out of him.
Why would anyone willingly put themselves through that. More sinned against than sinning in my book.
Stephen Hunt particularly can go fuck himself in this regard.

I think we have gone full circle on this now.

Was this ever confirmed as more than a rumour? I've heard several different versions of this story from different people, with different protagonists in each one (including Keane and Dunne). Ireland himself has denied more than once in interviews that he was bullied by the other players - like here for example:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...-Ireland-hits-out-at-ridiculous-Republic.html

Before a return to the national side for him is even under consideration (and I don't see it happening while Trapattoni is in charge), let's see if he can complete a season without his club career going off the rails again.

if dave lee roth can record with van halen again, stephen ireland can play for us. so can mcclean, hoolahan, pilkington and the rest. i mean, it's not like trap is going to overlook actual quality because he feels some kind of misguided loyalty to keith andrews, is it?

there's gonna be a post 2012 clearout in anyways. lets just start again, mmmmokay?

if dave lee roth can record with van halen again, stephen ireland can play for us. so can mcclean, hoolahan, pilkington and the rest. i mean, it's not like trap is going to overlook actual quality because he feels some kind of misguided loyalty to keith andrews, is it?

there's gonna be a post 2012 clearout in anyways. lets just start again, mmmmokay?

Stephen Ireland is not the type of player that suits Trappatonis system, chances are he would be lucky to get his game even if he were in the team. Trap prefers those holding, direct, grafting, style of mid fielders ala Andrews, Whelan and Lawrence. Not as classy as Ireland by a long way but perfectly suited to the system that Trap employs. Stephen Ireland showed temperamental issues under Mancini and Houllier -( his unwillingness to track back and help his team mates out was a major reason why Mancini off loaded him) and his refusal to obey the coach was another. This led to a an ever spiralling downward dip in his confidence and form which has only now resurfaced under McCleish.

WOOOOHHHH, DADDY DICK,
THE BALDY PRICK,
HE HAS 3 GRANS

HE DRIVES A PINK FERRARI AND HE SAYS HE ISN'T GAY
HE SLEEPS BESIDE A FISHTANK WHEN HIS GIRLFRIEND DOESN'T STAY
HE USED TO PLAY FOR IRELAND BUT HUNT SMACKED HIM EVERY DAY
HE LOVES TO HELP SICK CHILDREN BUT HE STILL KEEPS ALL HIS PAY

WOOOOHHHHH, DADDY DICK,
THE BALDY PRICK,
HE HAS 3 GRANS...

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest posts

Latest threads

Back