Budget 2010 (1 Viewer)

so €92 a week x 52 weeks = €4784 per year
€4784 / 12 months =
€398 per month. do the CWO work on monthly rent? would a €400 rent per month be looked atfer despite it being slightly over?

just curious

The only time I ever got RA the guy was grand about me being a few euro over but times have changed.

Who knows how these systems work. they seem to vary depending on the office you're dealing with. Heard of people having their closets and drawers gone through to make sure they weren't sharing with a partner and other folks who had a guy call round and put his nose in the door then just sign off on the place.

Yeah it seems to very much depend on who it is. Like my guy is grand, they were trying to arrange to see the house but I'm always in university so I phoned him up and he just said I could post the form to him and he'd tick me off the list. I'm sure others would be total pricks about that sort of thing.

so €92 a week x 52 weeks = €4784 per year
€4784 / 12 months =
€398 per month. do the CWO work on monthly rent? would a €400 rent per month be looked atfer despite it being slightly over?

just curious

It goes by the month.
If the price of the place is a little bit over then get the landlord to write the maximum allowed on the form, should be no problem.

Anyone have any idea about changes to the back to education scheme? I checked welfare.ie but the BTEA section hasn't been updated.

The rationale for lowering the dole for <25s is to "encourage" people to go back to education, I heard some minister say on the radio yesterday that you could get your full dole if you did a course

Which is kinda fair enough, but basing it on age alone seems a bit mad. Mrs. egg_ got her Ph.D. when she was 24, so in the current climate she'd have to do a Fás course after her Ph.D. in order to get the full allowance.

just reading up on irelands debt situation here (bit out of date):

http://www.finfacts.ie/irishfinancenews/article_1015708.shtml

together with all the money being pumped into the banks and the interest on our loans/debts the 4billion seems like lint in someone's pocket. hard to believe lenihans optimism and talk about "the worst is over" etc.

also interested to hear anyone's opinion on the US response to the recession, spending like motherfuckers, and would that work here? seems like the complete opposite of what we're doing.

US and UK are trying to inflate their way out of recession by printing money (called quantative easing). We can't do that as we don't have our own currency. The inflationary policy in UK/US devalues their currencies and is one of the main barriers to recovery here: it and makes irish imports more expensive to buy over there and makes irish profits earned abroad worth less once repatriated back home.

The rationale for lowering the dole for <25s is to "encourage" people to go back to education, I heard some minister say on the radio yesterday that you could get your full dole if you did a course

Which is kinda fair enough, but basing it on age alone seems a bit mad. Mrs. egg_ got her Ph.D. when she was 24, so in the current climate she'd have to do a Fás course after her Ph.D. in order to get the full allowance.

I think the change is based on the (very middle class) assumption that under-24s are living at home with Mom and Pop or have the option to do so.

also interested to hear anyone's opinion on the US response to the recession, spending like motherfuckers, and would that work here? seems like the complete opposite of what we're doing.

Wouldn't work here, we're a much more open economy and the money would just flow straight out.

they can do that because every other country has to buy dollars, it's essentially the global piggybank/rainy-day currency.

hard to feel sorry for yourself when you've a permanent, pensionable job and others are worrying about rent allowance, but... FUCK SAKE, LADS.

If it's anything like the current system Fás would give you an exemption because of your qualifications.

Interesting aside but Fás have a budget of €600 per person to do a course of their(the client) choosing if will benefit them in getting a job. I'm thinking of doing a sea survival course so I have a better chance of getting work on research ships plus it looks like a lot of fun.

Have they cut the disability allowance or is the prescription charge enough of a fuck you to the disabled?

It's ok Letterkenny's been fucked for years. The dole office here are sound out though, well they were til they had their pay cut....

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back