Budget 2010 (1 Viewer)

i've no idea, i have been looking since yesterday and havent seen anything clear cut about it. guess i'll find out next tuesday midnight.

I'll let you know what the story is when my mum hears. She reckons she should get all the details from her superiors by Friday. Very curious to see how this prescription charge works for people with multiple long term prescriptions.

. Very curious to see how this prescription charge works for people with multiple long term prescriptions.
I thought they said it was a maximum of 10euro a month for families with medical cards. I'm guessing it'd still be about that for a single person with one.

what are yizzers thoughts about Darling's tax on UK bankers bonuses?

could the same be done in ireland?

personally, I think it should be a tax on banks profits but there you go. plus the tobin tax and all sorts of shit like that.

01.jpg

Anyone have any idea about changes to the back to education scheme? I checked welfare.ie but the BTEA section hasn't been updated.

As far as I can make out, they are taking the maintenence grant away from people on the BTEA.

Which is fair enough, unless you have dependents. I was on the dole for a year and am now back in college, but not receiving a BTEA because the course I'm doing wasn't one they approved. I'm finding it ok so far with just the maintenence grant and the odd bit of part time work.

€204 a week, fees paid, rent allowance plus €1140 every few months sounds a bit OTT to me right now.

Yeah I suppose it would be coming down in line with the SW cut.

Hopefully mature students with kids that had budgeted for a certain amount (BTEA + Grant + Children's Allowance etc ) before going back to do a course won't be left high and dry, but I know of a few people who were taking the piss. One girl was driving around in a feckin beemer while claiming BTEA, Student Assistance Fund, Maintenence Grant, Rent Allowance...crazy stuff.

Have they cut the disability allowance or is the prescription charge enough of a fuck you to the disabled?

Yep, disability down €8 or thereabouts.

The pensions being untouched when half the oul fuckers are loaded anyway is a bit "rich".

Yeah I suppose it would be coming down in line with the SW cut.

Hopefully mature students with kids that had budgeted for a certain amount (BTEA + Grant + Children's Allowance etc ) before going back to do a course won't be left high and dry, but I know of a few people who were taking the piss. One girl was driving around in a feckin beemer while claiming BTEA, Student Assistance Fund, Maintenence Grant, Rent Allowance...crazy stuff.

You can't possibly hold up people like that as reasonable examples of students on BTEA can you? If so where's my fucking beemer?

I know you're not intentionally doing this but you can quote examples of an awful lot of people taking the piss on many schemes.

As far as college as an option for dole claimers go I think you're missing out on exactly how much college costs, €1500 to register for a start which is not covered by the BTEA. And no one is saying for any certainty yet that fees / sneaky graduate taxes are not coming in.

They said fees are safe until at least 2011, and if they do bring them in it'll be for new applicants only, so if you're already in college you won't have to start paying on your second or third year.

If someone is taking the piss, fucking report them. I know that we all absorbed the "NO SNITCHIN" credo in school, but if this country is ever going to turn into a decent place to live we need to grow up about this one

Yeah Egg try that one on a council estate in Tallaght or Finglas if you survive we'll all follow suit. There's a guy on the end of the road I used to live on that had rat painted on his gaf once a week for ten years, broken windows and twice mysterious fires. It's not a question of growing up it's a question of knowing who exactly you're dealing with.

Yeah Egg try that one on a council estate in Tallaght or Finglas if you survive we'll all follow suit. There's a guy on the end of the road I used to live on that had rat painted on his gaf once a week for ten years, broken windows and twice mysterious fires. It's not a question of growing up it's a question of knowing who exactly you're dealing with.

i know a certain place in Galway where during the 90s a guy informed the state about people who were working while getting the dole

he's still known as the rat and has had his car burned out a few times.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back