Budget 2010 (1 Viewer)

It seems like the government think that young people don't want to work and see the dole as an acceptable income

i know far too many people who think like this and quite frankly i got no sympathy,all they do is lounge about drinking and smoking dope while im working 6/7 days a week to support their lifestyle?bullshit.(i know it wasnt really your point but i just wanted to vent a bit)

Yeah Egg try that one on a council estate in Tallaght or Finglas if you survive we'll all follow suit. There's a guy on the end of the road I used to live on that had rat painted on his gaf once a week for ten years, broken windows and twice mysterious fires. It's not a question of growing up it's a question of knowing who exactly you're dealing with.
Are we still talking about the girl driving the beemer?

i know far too many people who think like this and quite frankly i got no sympathy,all they do is lounge about drinking and smoking dope while im working 6/7 days a week to support their lifestyle?bullshit.(i know it wasnt really your point but i just wanted to vent a bit)

I know plenty like that too but It's a bit shameful tarring everyone with the same brush. You have to set up a fair system and hope for the best you can't make things incredibly difficult on the assumption that everyone is a crook, can you?

Actually I'm not to sure on that one, everything else is set up that way. I mean that's why they have those anti theft machines in shops you know those loud annoying buzzy yokes what are they called?

Security guards.

Da Dum Tish

I'm just talking to myself now.

I'll stop.

what are yizzers thoughts about Darling's tax on UK bankers bonuses?

could the same be done in ireland?

personally, I think it should be a tax on banks profits but there you go. plus the tobin tax and all sorts of shit like that.

if the bonuses are cash then they're taxed already.

the time to tax bank profits was in the good old days. More difficult to do it now when they're declaring losses.

Why don't you vent a bit about greedy cunts like this: http://www.rte.ie/business/2009/1207/angloirish.html? I find them a lot more odious than young people on the dole. Your tax is going just as much going towards cleaning up their poison as it is to keeping the unemployed in readies (welfare budget: c 21 bn, NAMA (excluding other recapitalisations), c 25 bn). Could be argued that we're supporting the lifestyles of the rich - so many huge loans have been declared 'impaired', and they're worried about losing their fucking vineyards in Italy. To me that's bullshit. It's arguably ok to begrudge giving people on the dole money to live on if there's enough jobs, but there just isn't. The more enterprising will get jobs at the expense of the less, but either way, there just aren't enough jobs to go around.

if the bonuses are cash then they're taxed already.

the time to tax bank profits was in the good old days. More difficult to do it now when they're declaring losses.

Also companies can offset past losses against future profits for tax purposes, so even if they do turn a profit in the next couple of years the State won't get the corporation tax for it.

Also companies can offset past losses against future profits for tax purposes, so even if they do turn a profit in the next couple of years the State won't get the corporation tax for it.

the same issue is going to happen for individual bankers - reprofile bonuses etc.

I don't think everyone has to pay €1500 in reg fees.

I did a degree from 2004-2008 and never paid a penny in registration fees. I'm now doing a masters, the fee deposit was €500 and I'll get it back.

:confused:

I don't think everyone has to pay €1500 in reg fees.

I did a degree from 2004-2008 and never paid a penny in registration fees. I'm now doing a masters, the fee deposit was €500 and I'll get it back.

:confused:
I didn't have to pay it either (2000-2004) but it's there now. The maintenance grant will cover 25-100% of it depending on the means test, but they said (i think, i have a bad memory for these things) if you're getting BTEA you can't get the grant aswell.

except there's a bleedin recruitment embargo on. no vacancies being filled.

Yup. I got a job there over a year ago, did the exams and the interview etc and my name's on a non moving list since then. Maybe it was for the best.

you got a tlt grant? I had to it financially crippled me for the first few months of every college year

I didn't have to pay it either (2000-2004) but it's there now. The maintenance grant will cover 25-100% of it depending on the means test, but they said (i think, i have a bad memory for these things) if you're getting BTEA you can't get the grant aswell.

Not sure if it was a TLT grant but maybe because it was a Cert-Diploma-Degree course, it automatically was. I got it through the CDVEC.

Yeah RSJ, they're taking away the grant for people on BTEA. People on it already won't be affected this academic year I presume. Not sure on that.

The free fees was a great oul wheeze while it lasted.

Well that is my point if you get BTEA the assumption is that you can't find work meaning you just have to pull €6000 in registration fees out of the air now that they've taken away the grant.

Good luck to anyone on this scheme it is not easy, but possible.

Well, it looks like I'm going to have to fall back on some of the skills I learned back in the day. Robbery. And if there's a bit of assault thrown in I'm not taking any responsibility.

Yeah Egg try that one on a council estate in Tallaght or Finglas if you survive we'll all follow suit. There's a guy on the end of the road I used to live on that had rat painted on his gaf once a week for ten years, broken windows and twice mysterious fires.

Are you threatening me? Paint "rat" on my gaff and I'll FUCK YOU UP

Ahem. Only messin.

It's not a question of growing up it's a question of knowing who exactly you're dealing with.

Obviously dude. I'm not suggesting anyone put themselves in danger, but most fiddling is not carried out by psychos. See the original post about the grant-claiming chick in the bmw and spare me the drama

angry_mob.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back