Jay Reatard - who's going? (1 Viewer)

he's cancelled the last 2/3 times he was sposed to be here. plus he fired his band a couple weeks ago.

He was only supposed to play here once, last year, and he explained on his blog what happened.

"so we left Memphis for Dublin over 3 days ago and I’m just now waking up in glassgow. After my first real sleep in three days!
how did we end up here instrumentless cold tired and hungry you ask ? Well blame it on delta airlines!
Our plane from Memphis to atlanta wouldn’t start so we where 10 min late for our Dublin flight .
So after selling our seats they put is up in a roach motel for the night. The next day they sent us to amsterdam
and then to glassgow where we are told they have lost my guitars. So just wanted to let everyone know we are trying our best to makes this happen despite deltas fuck ups. Hope to see ya soon!"

Anyway, I can't wait for tonight!

He was only supposed to play here once, last year, and he explained on his blog what happened.

"so we left Memphis for Dublin over 3 days ago and I’m just now waking up in glassgow. After my first real sleep in three days!
how did we end up here instrumentless cold tired and hungry you ask ? Well blame it on delta airlines!
Our plane from Memphis to atlanta wouldn’t start so we where 10 min late for our Dublin flight .
So after selling our seats they put is up in a roach motel for the night. The next day they sent us to amsterdam
and then to glassgow where we are told they have lost my guitars. So just wanted to let everyone know we are trying our best to makes this happen despite deltas fuck ups. Hope to see ya soon!"

he was supposed to play here last feb too. i still have my ticket

graven and jay, up a tree...

Gig of the fucking year, imho. If I were on the drink I would have been in the mosh pit. I can't even remember the last time I enjoyed a gig that much. Holy hell! Even more so than beloved Spencer.

yeah twas really great, but those cheap freaks broke my right ear.

anyone else spot Aiden 'Tommy Carcetti' Gillen there?
he was walking around like the general all night.

cahill_8319c.jpg

mega gig. he blasted thru the songs and made the recorded versions sound very tame. one of the best gigs this year.
saw yr man from the wire alright. apparently he's a big punk fan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back