Official Thumped position on Lisbon (5 Viewers)

How will you vote in Lisbon II: Is That Your Final Answer?

• Yes

Votes: 40 58.8%
  • No

Votes: 20 29.4%
  • Abstain

Votes: 7 10.3%
  • Spoil

Votes: 1 1.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
PS: have any of you read the threads on politics.ie about Lisbon. It's truly apalling how easily dehumanised people are by a political disagreement (don't get me started on the public sector vs private sector discussions). Presumably boards.ie is the same. I think opinions are an exception to the general rule that sharing is an act of generosity.

PS: have any of you read the threads on politics.ie about Lisbon. It's truly apalling how easily dehumanised people are by a political disagreement (don't get me started on the public sector vs private sector discussions). Presumably boards.ie is the same. I think opinions are an exception to the general rule that sharing is an act of generosity.

I had a look at some of it a few days ago. Jesus, it's depressing stuff. Never seen so many stupid and obnoxious people in one place before.

Yeah i've heard it's pretty nasty alright, i only threw my head in a few times to check it out, but a friend was saying that it was particularly horrible.

I reckon the vote will be very close - Yes might just squeak through.

I don't have a clue what the result will be. I suspect that it will be a yes, but I thought that would be the result last time around too.

I'm very surprised by the passions that Lisbon has stirred up considering what it's actually about. One guy I know who was campaigning for the yes side told me that he'd never felt so strongly about something in his life and that it's the most important thing that he's ever done, then again he is a total chump.

God help us when we get around to having another abortion referendum

has anyone else been noticing how vocal people are about this one?? like the past 5 days on facebook, people are actually saying online what they are going to vote. i like an open debate, but i think people should be allowing themselves the privacy of voting.

I dunno if it's a particularly Letterkenny thing but it's definitely more vocal from my local friends and yes it's too much.

Politics.ie posters are calling it a yes based on the strong turnout in posh areas and poor turnout in working class/rural areas.

To be honest I think it's way too early to say - the RTE site said Dublin South West had a strong turnout which was apparently the biggest No vote last time.

Politics.ie posters are calling it a yes based on the strong turnout in posh areas and poor turnout in working class/rural areas.

Dublin South West, which returned the highest No vote in the country in the last referendum, had recorded the biggest turnout in the Dublin county area by 5pm.

http://www.rte.ie/news/2009/1002/eulisbon.html
no-voters are more likely to turn out ' to a man'.

btw i love the 'exchequer deficit hits €20bn' figures released today by the dept of finance given the tack of the yes-side on economic recovery being inextricably linked to a yes vote...very timely.

7227_166964388139_581353139_3672545_5734904_n.jpg

frank kelly wasnt too enamoured with that poster.hope people took its sage advice though :)

Fine Gael carried out an exit poll, using a representative sample of 1,000 voters in 33 locations around the country.
The party's director of elections, Billy Timmons, said the indications were good for the Yes side, with most of the results processed.
The Fine Gael poll shows the Yes side ahead by 60% to 40%.

http://www.rte.ie/news/2009/1002/eulisbon.html

Feck. Arse. DRINK!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back