Official Thumped position on Lisbon (1 Viewer)

How will you vote in Lisbon II: Is That Your Final Answer?

• Yes

Votes: 40 58.8%
  • No

Votes: 20 29.4%
  • Abstain

Votes: 7 10.3%
  • Spoil

Votes: 1 1.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
'brian cowens first big achievement'
'the government got people to change their minds and convinced them to vote yes'

rte

great day for ff

Talk about spin! The vast majority of people changed their minds because they were 'worried about the economy'.

Talk about spin! The vast majority of people changed their minds because they were 'worried about the economy'.

well ganley also congratulated cowen on a masterful campaign by a masterful politician....made the oppostion parties look like ff puppets and proves that ff are irelands natural party...think he means we deserve them

'brian cowens first big achievement'
'the government got people to change their minds and convinced them to vote yes'

rte

great day for ff

FF can in no way take any credit for this - they were smart in this campaign for mostly shutting up and staying off screen.

what Ireland needs to do now is boot out FF and start rebuilding the country.

although he doesn't have much local mandate, people like Joe Higgins should be in a stronger position now more than ever - he has had more coverage/limelight than in a long time and only once or twice had his integrity challenged - by misleading people.

This is nothing to do with government.

“Give me control of a nation’s money and I care not who makes the laws.”
- Mayer Amschel Rothschild

broken arm -FF can in no way take any credit for this - they were smart in this campaign for mostly shutting up and staying off screen.

i agree.

Was wondering if this will give FF a sense of security that will make them less concessionary w the Greens demands in the Prog National Govt talks...thereby increasing the likelihood of the Green membership rejecting the deal initiating a withdrawal.

Surprised it's such a trouncing. Looks like the biggest victory/defeat margin of any referendum held in this country before. I'm sure the reasons for this are varied and complex but from personal experience the people I spoke to who were voting no hadn't a fucking clue what the thing was about whereas the yes-ers seemed to at least base their vote on educated guesses. Could the difference between this time and the last time be as much to do with people finding out what it was all about as shitting themselves about the economy?

Just saw Eoin Ryan shiteing on about something on RTE's coverage, my first thought was "Jesus, Ian Dempsey's really let himself go."

they're still saying the treaty had to be passed to keep our influence i europe...amazing principal... i can see how that makes sense but they could've given us a blank document to begin w to fill in when its passed.

heard a woman say she voted no to get ff out so cancer treatment cutbacks could be reversed....cancer more important than europe.

ya, whats the story with donegal?

anyone catch ganley's "gracious" speech about cowen? hope we've seen the last of that snake. can't wait till the country gets back to focusing on how shit the goverment is.

ah well it's nice for brian cowen anyway, poor fella. he needed a break.

i'd say he'll be hittin' the sups tonight!
(no change there then)

brian_cowen1.jpg

=

jimLahey.jpg

"brian cowen is a drunken bastard and he always will be"

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back