April Budget (5 Viewers)

I honestly think we need to do something. While we can't avoid some damage from the economy, some of these measures are insanely incompetent.

If we do not have a say in these measures, then how is it better than a dictatorship?

We need to physically force them to reverse some of these decisions at the very least.

I could hold Lenihan down while you tickle him into submission perhaps?

Not really since I wouldn't actually be in charge of anything.

:(

Not really since I wouldn't actually be in charge of anything.

Technically a dictatorship isn't inherently a bad thing, so bad choice of words.

To be honest the responses to my comment did really seem to make me think even here people are part of the problem. It's better to do something drastic and hot headed in these situations than nothing at all, purely for creating a stir. Irish people are too apathetic.

It may be a global recession, but it doesn't excuse many of the local problems. There was no need for example to impose even heavier taxes on lower earniers, when we have so many rich fuckers.

start a facebook group green goblin! and back it up with slogans in the trinity toilets (they're public access if you're not a student!).

Talking last night and it was suggested that this budget is a way of the Goverenment trying to encourage women (or men, the lesser earning partner basically) to go back home with the kids.

Child supplement cut, with more cuts to come, this odd free year of pre-school, which doesn't really benifit children in full time creches. Increased salary levys (and that health levy increase, that's the one that kicked me in the balls) meaning it costs more to go to work at all.

The idea was in family's where Dad pulls in the bread, but maybe Mam works 3 days a week or has a low paying office job to keep her hand in the workplace and pull in the few quid that covers holidays or basically supplements the income. Now it's not worth her while going to work as the measily take home pay all goes to cover the gap in the childrens allowence and poxy child care fees. So she quits work, someone who 'needs' the job (someone who has no income coming in) can take it, and a 1980's idea of The Irish Family is once again mantained

I'm using traditional men/women roles here, as I believe that is where the biggest effect would be, but there is a lot to be said about men who will find themselves being the lesser earner and be faced with being a house husband

There's nothing bad per-se about this, but I would worry about the state artifically creating these scenarios and removing the choice from peoples lives....

NB: all this is IMHO

All you're doing is talking big on the internet. Why don't you quit wasting time and go round up your posse.

Hey come on now, that's just a presumption. I'm no organiser, but if someone did organise a decent protest I'd be the first to go around shouting Row Row Fight Tha Powah. Instead we only seem to have protests about things happening in other countries :confused:

I think I heard 16% somewhere
16% is enough to render Rent Allowance useless for me and many others. I might have to move back in with my parents, and many will be left homeless. I doubt this will gain all that much revenue for our delusional government either. A fraction of a percent more tax for the highest income bracket would have fixed the need for this.

Rent just hasn't fallen. Maybe the more expensive rent has.

I could not get a decent place on 300 a month, that's a disgrace. I need a fairly large airy room to walk around in, this isn't fucking China.

I think they were saying something similiar in Italy and Germany during the depression
I think there's a difference between kicking someone in the bollocks repeatedly and Fascism/Nazism. Nice invocation of Godwin's law, bro.

Honestly, I don't see why someone who'd make thousands of people homeless before taking a more sizable chunk out of the TD's salaries(and they'reonly really firing 5 Junior ministers,whatt he fuck) does not deserve much respect as a competent human being. This isn't a "tough decision", it's being sub-human filth.

everyone over here is starting to rabbit on about ireland now and the mess it's in but lots of people are thinking of moving over because the dole is 3 times as much as it is here

Yes, we have high dole, high minimum wage, but a much proportionally high cost of living.

The UK is fucked for Welfare though, you get nothing. Mainland europe is much better.

mad for the dole so they are.

..desirous of anything free, the ones who never shout or buy a round but doss, doss, doss like fabulous pretend rock stars exploding like misers across the bars and in the middle you see the bummed cigarette light and everybody goes 'Ewww!'

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back