April Budget (2 Viewers)

16 - 24 £50.95

That's fucked up. After food(what little you can afford) that wouldn't even pay for basic transport, etc., daily papers or Internet that you need to go to interviews and look for jobs.

That's fucked up. After food(what little you can afford) that wouldn't even pay for basic transport, etc., daily papers or Internet that you need to go to interviews and look for jobs.

"they" don't buy daily papers (libraries), eat from Lidl/aldi or own computers/internet (libraries).

"they" walk to the jobcentre and get them to search for the jobs.

What about expenses with regard transport, or eating out if you're out all day?

I think it's fucked up that a cheap computer and internet should be considered a luxury nowadays. I hate the right wing mentality that if you don't work, you barely deserve to eat.

At the very least it's terrible for mental health.

I think it's fucked up that a cheap computer and internet should be considered a luxury nowadays. I hate the right wing mentality that if you don't work, you barely deserve to eat.

eating out is a luxury.

cheese sandwiches and cup-a-soup are not right wing.

Failing your shank's mare, bikes are very cheap. And maybe bring a sandwich.
Since when is eating out not considered a luxury? Jesus, the sense of entitlement over here.

The unemployed are a little more resourceful than you think.

god forbid you have to make yourself a sandwich.

and internet at 1 quid an hour in the smaller internet cafes won't use up all your dole either.

Since when is eating out not considered a luxury? Jesus, the sense of entitlement over here.
Eating out as in grabbing a roll if you're out all day, not going to a fucking restaurant.

You'd basically be stuck doing absolutely nothing except looking for a job, which, if there are no jobs, is shit.

Jesus there are shitfaced little right wing cunts around these parts. Sense of entitlement my arse.

No, because you seem to be edging towards the people who don't work should be treated like shit until they do school of thought. The UK Dole is shameful as are the attitudes behind it.

Eating out as in grabbing a roll if you're out all day, not going to a fucking restaurant.

You'd basically be stuck doing absolutely nothing except looking for a job, which, if there are no jobs, is shit.

Jesus there are shitfaced little right wing cunts around these parts. Sense of entitlement my arse.

would love to see what your negative rep looks like.

So bringing a roll with you, isn't an option? At all??
I have a job and I consider 'grabbing a roll' at lunch to be somewhat a waste of money. I'd definitely think so if I were unlucky enough to be unemployed.

Asking for an increase in the dole because people need to buy more sandwiches when they're out is, frankly, laughable.
Sure why not money for a few pints at the end of each day, ease the mental strain.
Replace butter vouchers with ones for foot massages?

Being on the dole sucks, and it's not because sandwiches are expensive, but learning to cope with it is part of the process.

Fucking sandwiches.

Gah, you made me write a long post.
Fucker.

Being on the dole sucks, and it's not because sandwiches are expensive, but learning to cope with it is part of the process.

But unemployed people aren't out for the day at work, obviously, I'm talking about if you end up being out late, missing a bus, getting lost on your bus or whatever, since there's no routine you can't always plan ahead and make a sandwhich.

Plus what are you meant to do in your spare time? At least if unemployed people play music or something that's more productive, going out drinking with friends contributes more than sitting down watching TV(if you can even afford a TV) all day.

nevermind, thought you were giving out about the irish dole, which would be ridiculous. you're still a nob tho. lol.

Durrr. Not to mention the insanely high cost of living here is the reason we have high minimum wage/welfare. If Rent allowance was easier to get them it wouldn't be so bad, but they're cutting that too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back