New York Fuckin' City Maaaaan (1 Viewer)

How does that priceline thing work? You say how much you're willing to spend and they find a room at that price? Seems a bit dodgey giving them your credit card details beforhand. I presume you don't have to take their offer. Though their William Shatner endorsement is encouraging.

Anyway, anyone ever stayed in the hotel carter(http://www.hotelcarter.com/index.shtml)? I've found an offer for it for $78 a night on 1800hotels.ie which seems like a great price for new york but they do say "
**Please be advised this is a hotel for the budget minded traveler.**"

In other words, shithole.

How does that priceline thing work? You say how much you're willing to spend and they find a room at that price? Seems a bit dodgey giving them your credit card details beforhand. I presume you don't have to take their offer. Though their William Shatner endorsement is encouraging.

Anyway, anyone ever stayed in the hotel carter(http://www.hotelcarter.com/index.shtml)? I've found an offer for it for $78 a night on 1800hotels.ie which seems like a great price for new york but they do say "
**Please be advised this is a hotel for the budget minded traveler.**"

In other words, shithole.

living-room.jpg

my gran would love this place!

You pick the area of the city you want (or multiple areas), pick your star rating, bid a price and they find you a hotel. The catch is you do have to take the offer, they'll only go search once you've given them all your details and that. I've booked four hotels through them now (nyc, chicago, buffalo, baltimore) and all of them have really good reviews and i've paid about 30% of the real rates in each case (buffalo i'm paying $45 for a $250 room).

yeah, great location, but a lot of new yorkers shut down AC on date X, regardless of actual temperature.

They also fire up the heat on date Y, again regardless of the weather.

Talking to them is pointless.
A hotel though. Fucking hell.
Cunts indeed.

It rained all last night. The temperature has dropped down to about 23C now. Opened windows and everything. What a relief.
And again!! Hotel is swank as but for some reason FREEZING - maintenance dude - "we only do cooling now, on nov 1st (or something) we switch to heating". ARGH - been in NT for the last four months, 40 degrees every day, this 20 degree shit can fuck right off.

mr pharmacist!!!!1? Was he hanging around looking seedy on a street corner near where you live? He does that.

Word.

We talked about The Wire.
Blamed Janer for loads of things.
Reminisced about teh old times.

Lads though, the fucking temperature here was -8C on Monday.
And it is now 17C.
And its fucking Wednesday.

Williamsburgh is certainly in my top ten of fisting places. Keenly priced too.

The weather's gone to shite altogether alright.
I've resorted to getting the bus to work.
Buses man.
Sitting beside other people. Breathing in their dirty air. Touching off them.
Yuck. E.

march 25 til april fools day. staying with my friend who lives there so will save on accommodation.

and the best part? i'm going for 258 euro return with aer lingus. recession travel - you gotta love it.

NEW YORK FUCKIN CITY!!!!!!!!

they are practically giving away flights now. couldnt believe my luck but sure enough, that's all i paid, incl taxes etc. sale is on for travel around april/may i think.

Say hello to the Reverend Vince for me.Just tell him Gaz said hi.And party on

I'm heading there in March, where should i go to buy vinyl? Greenwich village? Any other cool recommendations? I'm not arsed reading the whole thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back