New York Fuckin' City Maaaaan (1 Viewer)

heading over for a week on saturday. was pretty much a spur of the moment thing.

could someone recommend a decent, reasonably cheap hotel/b&b/hostel(with private rooms).budget would be stretching to $80 a night. or thereabouts. not sure am i gonna stay in manhattan or brooklyn so a few suggestions for either would be really appreciated. was over there about 5 or 6 years ago and stayed in a hostel on 85th or 86th street. not sure if i want to stay that far uptown this time.

am gonna read over this thread now to try and help put a plan together for the week. if anyone has any highly recommended things to do, let us know.

sound

am gonna read over this thread now to try and help put a plan together for the week. if anyone has any highly recommended things to do, let us know.

one of my fav things that I did when I was there earlier this year was getting food in Essex St market and then eating it on the High Line. I walked the full length of the High Line then doubled back and walked down Bleecker Street. try to time this with happy hour in The Blind Tiger if you're into beer.

Also had a ridiculously large (and tasty) meal in Shopsins. You might get kicked out for being a tourist but if you like the look of the menu it's worth a trip.

The only things I liked in NYC was going up the Empire state at 2 am (it was very cold something like - 12. And very windy.

That and Terryaki Boy. They were everywhere around where we stayed. Amazing and cheap.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back