catholic guilt (1 Viewer)

et tu, Peter? yer all feckin bananas

teaching creationism in history - yes, okay, maybe when the social phenomenon that is young earth creationism actually becomes a part of history, then maybe it might merit a paragraph in a history book. But not the fecking beliefs themselves!

so eh, what percentage of irish schools have not yet seperated church and state then? Does anyone know?

most of them are still in the clutches of the god botherers as far as I know. at least a lot of the primary schools. that's kind of anecdotal though so I could be wrong.

reading about priests and the church throwing their weight around and thinking about the amount of influence they still have. makes me mad. FUCK off.

et tu, Peter? yer all feckin bananas

teaching creationism in history - yes, okay, maybe when the social phenomenon that is young earth creationism actually becomes a part of history, then maybe it might merit a paragraph in a history book. But not the fecking beliefs themselves!

if by "teaching" we mean "point and laugh" then i'm all for it

it was supposed to be about a priest bullying a small child and now it's turned into this unfair criticism of the church. for shame!

The whiff of intolerance off this thread. Peeeeeee-eeeewwww!

So are you saying we should be tolerant of a made up story that goes against scientific fact?

If I believe all gay people are evil and need to be saved from heir evilness, should everybody be tolerant of my beliefs and allow my beliefs to be taught in schools too?

There was no mention of a priest bullying a small child. That was extrapolated by people.
so shes a 6 yr old that participates in mass regularly, totally loves god, prays every night and goes to prayer groups, i've said all this to the priest but it's still not good enough for him. maybe it's cos her name's Eve, original sin and all.
hrm

So are you saying we should be tolerant of a made up story that goes against scientific fact?

Live and let live? Fighting intolerance with intolerance seems pointless.

Surely people who are ill-informed deserve sympathy rather than abuse?

hm yerself, that was said to the parent, not the 6 year old
joelStraws.jpg

here is a man, clutching some straws.

Squiggle, I'd give you sympathy but I know how you enjoy the abuse so...

I don't feel personally abused - I've explained my personal beliefs to a few of you in private, when asked, but I don't feel I need to publicly, or privately, discuss or defend them.

I just find it strange that so many generally cool people think it's ok to refer to a group of people using derogatory terms because they have an alternative view of the world.

My responses in threads like this are generally for the purpose of trying to encourage people to think outside of their own mind-set. After all, if an argument doesn't change your viewpoint, it strengthens your convictions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back