catholic guilt (1 Viewer)

Reets

Supporter
Solutions
I was told today that unless the sprog goes to mass atleast every second sunday, she wont be allowed to make her communion next year.
i never wanted her christened so it wouldnt bother me (except that it sorta feels like the priest is rejecting us. the dick) but she's really upset. she's a bit of a holy roller, prayers every night, god's the best etc.
she told me that unless she makes her communion she'll got to hell and be stuck there getting her feet burned forever.
As i havent been catholic for half my life now, i really dont want to do it, but i dont want her to miss out on something she cares about, and she's starting to think i'm a bitch for wanting her to go to hell.
Any ideas on what to do?

if she's in a catholic school i guess you gotta roll w the rollers..all her mates are prolly dishin the dirt on 'unclean' souls and girls and boys are so clubbish..is granny maybe a pew-polisher? get her to field the mass..my in-law would pop an eye to get god into my demon-boy..at a funeral being shown paintings of the mother of jesus he asked 'Who's Jesus?'(fuckin knows who the Beatles are tho, booh yah!!)..but look..if you were into the church et al would you steer her toward the church or let her make her own mind up? i'd say don't lie and respect what she feels..love 'em, raise 'em and leave 'em the fuck alone.

good bleedin luck

My folks were in a similar circumstance when my sister and I
were kids. They decided in the end to actually pretend they were
proper Catholics to all of the teachers, brought us to mass
occasionally and never told me until I was 18 that they were
atheists since they were in their 20s. Not only that but they
knew I smoked hash and they asked me to roll them a joint
- this blew my mind but that's beside the point.

Anyway, in fairness a big part of it was that my Ma is Irish and
my Da is Chinese and they figured we would get enough shit for
that in school without being the only atheists there too, which
was true. The other reason was that they wanted us to come to
our own conclusions on religion and not they didn't want to
forcing their ideas on me. I thought that was pretty cool and I
respect them for it.

I was told today that unless the sprog goes to mass atleast every second sunday, she wont be allowed to make her communion next year.
i never wanted her christened so it wouldnt bother me (except that it sorta feels like the priest is rejecting us. the dick) but she's really upset. she's a bit of a holy roller, prayers every night, god's the best etc.
she told me that unless she makes her communion she'll got to hell and be stuck there getting her feet burned forever.
As i havent been catholic for half my life now, i really dont want to do it, but i dont want her to miss out on something she cares about, and she's starting to think i'm a bitch for wanting her to go to hell.
Any ideas on what to do?

http://www.educatetogether.ie/

people spouting that kind of burn in hell bullshit shouldn't be let anywhere near children. fucksake like.

I would be surprised if her teacher was telling them that they would burn in hell or whatever..Regardless I don't think it's unacceptable for a kid to be brought to Mass every second week if they are making their communion. It's an effort by the schools to include the parents in the whole sacrament plus it re-enforces what the kids are being taught in school about religion. I'm by now means religious, but as a teacher I can totally see the point.

whats the story these days with keeping your kids out of Guilt, Fear and Shameful Self-Loathing class anyway? is it harder to get them into school if the only one around is is the local loreto or cbs?

Every second week - that's gas. They're really relaxing the rules these days.

I suppose if you've been letting her go along with the whole god thing up to now, she'll just have to go to mass to make her communion.

she'll think it well worth it when she gets lots of $$$ for her communion.

our local wouldn't christen my bro's kid cos he was born out of wedlock. It wasn't a rule or anything, just the will of the local PP at the time. The priest in the next parish over had no bother doing it, and did it.

How do they track this? Do they take roll call or something? Can't you just lie and say she goes? Or does the priest be talkin to god?

Look, the end of the world is coming. It's the End of Days, FFS! So, what's wrong with a llittle insurance policy?

Just in case.

Fucking Russians are building tanks up on the Polish border.

That's it. Doom!

a priest in tipperary refused (at the front of the church, in front of everyone) to give communion to my mothers friend because she (the mother) was separated, not divorced, from the husband.

effigy_small.jpg

Rita, is this the same priest who let on to your daughter that he was actually god?
And she copped when seeing him put out the bin because god wouldn't do that?
Classic. Smart kid!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back