We Don't Want Your Record (1 Viewer)

If you're making enough money from music to fund the further making of music you are doing well and I salute you.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I don't know if I fully invest myself in anything I can get for free on the internet
I both agree and disagree with this. Sitting at a computer streaming an album isn't an enjoyable way to listen to an album, for me anyways. If I stream an album and I like it, that bands getting their album bought by me though. I love streaming, it means that I pretty much only buy albums that I like unlike the 'old days' when you'd buy an album off the back of a single and it turned out to be shit. I don't think there should be a risk aspect to buying music. You should buy something if you like it. i threw out dozens and dozens of albums a couple of months ago that I never liked, and it was horrible trying to work out how much money all those shit albums equated to. No more

I both agree and disagree with this. Sitting at a computer streaming an album isn't an enjoyable way to listen to an album, for me anyways. If I stream an album and I like it, that bands getting their album bought by me though. I love streaming, it means that I pretty much only buy albums that I like unlike the 'old days' when you'd buy an album off the back of a single and it turned out to be shit. I don't think there should be a risk aspect to buying music. You should buy something if you like it. i threw out dozens and dozens of albums a couple of months ago that I never liked, and it was horrible trying to work out how much money all those shit albums equated to. No more
For me the risk aspect made everything better. It's more exciting that way.

[quote="parx, post: 1527537, member: ] i threw out dozens and dozens of albums a couple of months ago that I never liked, [/quote]
Jaysis and the charity shops are full of bazouki music and James last LPs they can't shift . I'd ask what they were but I'm afraid I might cry if you tell me

James Last LPs should sell. But people have a pre-conceived bias.

It's all about the BREAKS.

unlike the 'old days' when you'd buy an album off the back of a single and it turned out to be shit.
Mostly shit nu-metal...
in that case the singles were also shit and you just had dubious taste in music at the time though
i used to buy things off the back of mentions in kerrang!...dear god

one minute silence were one such particularly notable pile of shit

Speaking of shit nu metal, that history of rock programme on TV last night informed me that LimpBizkit's debut album was the fastest and biggest selling rock album of all time! One million sold in one week. Now they are, thankfully almost forgotten...it must have been down to a moment of temporary global madness.

i used to buy things off the back of mentions in kerrang!...

I got the Warlock , Triumph and Agony album because of all the hype in kerrang. It's hilariously bad. At the time I tried to convince myself that it had merit, I had just spent a pile of money on it, but no, just terrible

the personal ads in kerrang used to be good though....remember there used to be addresses for (for example) some guy you could write off to for bootlegs of nirvana or whatever you were into (I was into bootlegs of nirvana)...some neckbeard living with his mum in portsmouth or somewhere

i guess there's no call for such things anymore

Speaking of shit nu metal, that history of rock programme on TV last night informed me that LimpBizkit's debut album was the fastest and biggest selling rock album of all time! One million sold in one week. Now they are, thankfully almost forgotten...it must have been down to a moment of temporary global madness.

I was there, and it was even more awesome than it looks.

Greatest. Entrance. Ever.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back