catholic guilt (1 Viewer)

I have to say I'm with Milky and Pete on this one.Both made good points.
Diddles chipped in nicely to.
Strange Guy is gas!But thats the smokey chinese irish for you.
I did'nt really think Mitchums and Coreys idea was terrible,but I would'nt fold that easily,personally.
I liked Shaneys description on cathechism class.
It was inevitable someone would bring up the dosh,Scutter well done.
Goffs input quite frankly makes a lot of sense but its a bit out there.
Vinnie deserves a mention for throwing in a couple of half baked zingers.Its gotta be done.

If you ask me R13,you've left it a bit late to tell your nipper the cold hard facts about the religion myth .She's obviously booked herself a seat on the communion express(I don't reckon the buzz will last until her confo though if thats any comfort(unless shes wide enough to play along with it for the positive remunerative side of it and if so fair ball to 'er)).
I would advise quietly going along with it for now and see how it pans out.If she starts prancing round the gaf with a teatowel on her head and urging her fellow man to accept Jesus into her life,give her a clip round the ear and tell her to cop the fuck on.
Failing that,tell her Jesus got into a fight with Santy and his krew on Christmas Eve and that Jesus got stabbed by one of Santy's helpers and won't be doin' mass no more.

give her the choice of Euro Disney(or where ever kids go these days) or Communion and i'm sure she'll tell god to fuck off. and then while you're in disney explain that god is like mickey mouse in that they were made up by someone.

I've already explained again and again that she's not going to hell, that i doubt there is one, not everyone believes in god and there are lots of different religions.

today there was a list of dates put in the windows of all the 2nd classes, students must attend mass on the mentioned dates or have an excuse for missing it, there's atlests 20 on the list. maybe there'll be nuns with a rollbook marking them off as they walk in the door.
The thing that was pissin me off is that the kid gos to mass atleast once a week but not often in our the local church (but when she does she's the kid that brings up the bread&all) her nan is friends with a load of oul nuns, and as they're in their 80s they have mass in their homes with the sprog.
my sister also takes her to her local church most weeks.
the kid is a total dog head, im now no4 on her list of great people (1jesus/god 2mary 3troy-high school musical).
so shes a 6 yr old that participates in mass regularly, totally loves god, prays every night and goes to prayer groups, i've said all this to the priest but it's still not good enough for him. maybe it's cos her name's Eve, original sin and all.

Can you go above the priest's head and make an appeal? Can you get your nan's nun mates to talk to him and vouch for her? Surely there must be some level on which the church will believe that the priest has no right to deny your child making their communion?

Jaysus religion is gas.

epic battles were had in my house about going to mass. highlights include the old man whiping away my blanket as i staged a lennon type sleep-in protest and later carefully prepareing and presenting a 20 line reformation type argument on why i shouldn't have to go. i won in the end. still go at christmas and easter to avoid arguments.

I've already explained again and again that she's not going to hell, that i doubt there is one, not everyone believes in god and there are lots of different religions.

today there was a list of dates put in the windows of all the 2nd classes, students must attend mass on the mentioned dates or have an excuse for missing it, there's atlests 20 on the list. maybe there'll be nuns with a rollbook marking them off as they walk in the door.
The thing that was pissin me off is that the kid gos to mass atleast once a week but not often in our the local church (but when she does she's the kid that brings up the bread&all) her nan is friends with a load of oul nuns, and as they're in their 80s they have mass in their homes with the sprog.
the kid is a total dog head, im now no4 on her list of great people (1jesus/god 2mary 3troy-high school musical).
so shes a 6 yr old that participates in mass regularly, totally loves god, prays every night and goes to prayer groups, i've said all this to the priest but it's still not good enough for him. maybe it's cos her name's Eve, original sin and all.

your kid sounds deadly..front runner for the next Joan D'Arc..you're allowed get cross w a priest y'know..if you've told him of your genuine efforts in accomodating her God-crush and that cancelling the grannies 'off-sales' masses would be very rough on young and old and he still won't cut you slack then he's decided not to be a person about this. There maybe reasons for the whole class attending the same performances and stuff. Tell your kid to chose between mass w granny or communion masses...coz life and religion are full of exciting choices like that. Go you:)p

epic battles were had in my house about going to mass. highlights include the old man whiping away my blanket as i staged a lennon type sleep-in protest and later carefully prepareing and presenting a 20 line reformation type argument on why i shouldn't have to go. i won in the end. still go at christmas and easter to avoid arguments.

doesn't sound like you won if you still go

There is postively absolutely no hell. Try to make sure that she is very aware of this. Take away some of her fear. Then kick that interfering priest in the bollocks. Show her that the church is vulnerable on certain issues.

Priests are unreal sometimes. The chaplain in my Ma's school is a young priest, and he keeps trying to throw his weight around - at one stage my Ma did something he didn't like and he threatened to have her fired. Fucking insane - she's the vice principal and he's the chaplain, it'd be up to her to fire him, not the other way around. I dunno what those guys are taught in Priest School

tell them to get fucked

seriously

doesn't sound like you won if you still go

i'd be the same. It's more of a tradition that I go to mass with them on Christmas day than a religious compromise.

It's doing something nice for your loved ones that pretty much harms no one. not so bad.

if she's already holy and hanging around with nuns all the time you'd want to watch out she doesn't get a vocation
shit, i didnt think of that. they did say they wanted her to join the choir, no offence to the kid but she's tone deaf.
it's like a cult or something.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back