catholic guilt (1 Viewer)

hmm, maybe "den" to start, followed by neh. read it out loud everyone:

::clef::(qiuet) den den den den den den, den den den den den.
(loud) neh neh neh neh .|..|NEEEEH.|..| neh neh neh neh::clef::

looks like im going to mass on sunday, but im not going to enjoy it, that'll teach him.

kids aren't allowed do that, some oul bitch will tell the teacher and you'll get in trouble at school on monday. it's all the men trying to get a quick 10 pints in before sunday dinner at 1 o clock.

i have to give them money aswell as my time???? balls.
they cant make me take communion right? saw the priest yesterday and he made a comment about how more people should go to confession, me in particular, few months ago he objected to us teaching sex ed to 14&15 yr olds, he's been a bitch since, when I pointed out that it was at the parents request he got a bit sarcy about me being an example to them.
I dont think thats got anything to do with him being tough on Eve though, he's just very old school catholic. i miss our old priest, he was like a friendly teddy bear.

How about teaching creationism in history class?

Hang on, now. Creationism is an insignificant blip in history. It doesn't even register as a blip, in fact. Has anyone been beheaded because of creationism versus Darwinism? No. Has a country been invaded? No. It is simply not significant in that way.

It's gathered pace in the US to the point where there is serious debate about introducing it on to the curriculum in some states. This may seem like small potatoes now but the teaching of an ideology that has the rapture & the end of days at it's core is very significant in a 'how didnt we see this coming' sort of way.

theres a reasonably interesting article on the history of teaching creationism as a science in the US in the latest scientific american. i thought it was a new enough craze but it isnt.

http://www.sciam.com/article.cfm?id=the-latest-face-of-creationism

pastor-of-muppets.jpg

'No God' campaign draws complaint

its the atheist bus thing

The adverts contain the slogan: "There's probably no God. Now stop worrying and enjoy your life."

But Stephen Green, national director of Christian Voice, said: "There is plenty of evidence for God, from people's personal experience, to the complexity, interdependence, beauty and design of the natural world.

"But there is scant evidence on the other side, so I think the advertisers are really going to struggle to show their claim is not an exaggeration or inaccurate, as the ASA code puts it."

It's a bit half arsed sticking 'probably' in.

I'm totally down with whatever an individual chooses to believe in* but i'd love an atheist to describe what it is that they don't believe in.

*But im not down with gettin them while they are young. Religon in schools
and being born into a belief system is fuct.

It's a bit half arsed sticking 'probably' in.

I'm totally down with whatever an individual chooses to believe in* but i'd love an atheist to tell me their defintion of what it is that they don't believe in. Ha! scuppered.

*But im not down with gettin them while they are young. Religon in schools
and being born into a belief system is fuct.

HELL

but i'd love an atheist to tell me their defintion of what it is that they don't believe in. Ha! scuppered.

god? and that he got mary pregnant without touching her, and that he came back from the dead. and thats only the start of it.

you just cant get away with excuses like "god did it" these days when you do something regrettable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back