catholic guilt (1 Viewer)

Oh no you dont!

You mean you don't :)

Egg does though, he's great to argue with 'cos it's interesting... not based on some idea that he's right and everyone else with a differing view is wrong.

Edit: Not that I am suggesting you think that... but it is a common misconception that that is how arguments should be conducted.

It's a great work out for the fingers... typing long replies, editing them, retyping... strenthens the wrists too.

Tends to be fattening of the old brain though.

great thread this:

catholicism->history->argueing->pandas

panda.jpg

don't they look like humans in panda suits?

do you mean christened or baptised?
you don't have to be baptised anyway...i've been in convent-run schools and didn't have to be christian, they do assume you'll go along with all their bullshit though...praying and that

I went to priest run school and the sister a convent run school and neither of us had to go to any RE classes or go along with any of their catholic dogma. We did have some sort of non-christian god in our lives growing up so that might've made it ok.

Isn't christened and baptised the same thing?

As for the dilema here I'd go along with it for fear of fucking with the kids head, I'd also imagine she'd get shit form the other kids for not going/doing her communion and you really don't want that.

We were taught the Irish myths in Irish class if I remeber correctly, as gaeilge too.

I cant think of a single thing that I learned in history that would sit alongside the creation as a comparable fabrication

Obviously the sensible thing would be to ignore creationists and hope they all goes away. If they don’t - gulag. But if it is to be on the syllabus then history would be the place for it. Lots of history is already tied up with religion - the reformation, christian meddling in south america, africa etc, the time henry the 8th switched from catholicism to prod etc. it has an influence on history, almost all negative, and in that context I suppose you could argue for teaching about how creationism has attempted to influence education and society in general and how the creationists are all in forced labour camps now.

Obviously the sensible thing would be to ignore creationists and hope they all goes away. If they don’t - gulag. But if it is to be on the syllabus then history would be the place for it. Lots of history is already tied up with religion - the reformation, christian meddling in south america, africa etc, the time henry the 8th switched from catholicism to prod etc. it has an influence on history, almost all negative, and in that context I suppose you could argue for teaching about how creationism has attempted to influence education and society in general and how the creationists are all in forced labour camps now.

Hang on, now. Creationism is an insignificant blip in history. It doesn't even register as a blip, in fact. Has anyone been beheaded because of creationism versus Darwinism? No. Has a country been invaded? No. It is simply not significant in that way.

Hang on, now. Creationism is an insignificant blip in history. It doesn't even register as a blip, in fact. Has anyone been beheaded because of creationism versus Darwinism? No. Has a country been invaded? No. It is simply not significant in that way.

what? is creationism over already?

yeah well plplplplplpp

i did give it a good dissing before suggesting mildly that history would be the place to teach it if it was to be taught at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back