Sonic Youth sign to Matador (1 Viewer)

In my grumbly onion, I don't think Dirty has aged well at all. Find myself skipping most of it when ever I listen to it.

My Top 5 -

Sister
Daydream Nation
Evol
Washing Machine
Murray Street

This calls for a game of Sonic Youth Survivor...

Experimental Jet Set v EVOL
NYC Ghosts & Flowers v Sister
Sonic Nurse v Daydream Nation

In my grumbly onion, I don't think Dirty has aged well at all. Find myself skipping most of it when ever I listen to it.

My Top 5 -

Sister
Daydream Nation
Evol
Washing Machine
Murray Street

i didn't think dirty was much cop when it came out, let alone now...

...that top 5 is pretty much close to where i'm at, albeit in a slightly different order...

Ah I dunno, I think that 5 album in 6 year run from Evol through to Dirty is peak period Sonic Youth gold and I'd have Daydream Nation and Evol topping the list with Sister at the bottom, Goo and Dirty were the first 2 Geffen records and would swap spots for 3 and 4.

I'm with palace on this, Dirty should not be included with those other classics

I reckon:

Dead Meadow have the odd decent moment. I find Times New Viking mostly excruciating. Thinking Fellas Local 252 & Bardo Pond both had their moments. These days Mission Of Burma are the best band on Matador by a country mile.

Ah I dunno, I think that 5 album in 6 year run from Evol through to Dirty is peak period Sonic Youth gold and I'd have Daydream Nation and Evol topping the list with Sister at the bottom, Goo and Dirty were the first 2 Geffen records and would swap spots for 3 and 4.

Sister is my fave album by them... actually one of my fave albums period...

I love murray street, I think it was the last great album they made... i thought that most of the stuff since has been pretty halfarsed.

Also, I don't get Times New Viking...

I reckon:

Dead Meadow have the odd decent moment. I find Times New Viking mostly excruciating. Thinking Fellas Local 252 & Bardo Pond both had their moments. These days Mission Of Burma are the best band on Matador by a country mile.

Hmmn. I quite like Brightblack Morning Light but Matador's hey-day is long gone.
I imagine their 20th Anniversary cd won't hold a candle to their 10th Anniversary cd.

Are Boss Hog on Matador?

i'm not sure if people will agree, but i also find Goo to be pretty dated in places. i don't listen to it that often... even though there are a few crackers on there to be fair.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back