I AM IN A BAKE AND REALLY NEDD TO BREAK SOMEONES JAW! (1 Viewer)

What about 101ml of baby gravy in the mouth?

What's their policy on mooncups?

I also get annoyed when people hold things up, but sometimes it's not so easy. Your arms are full trying to carry all your shit separately, so you can't always have the shoes off before you get there. I try to do all of my organising and emptying beforehand, but I don't always have a free hand to hold a belt and a handful of change.

I try to bring a plastic bag with me, but some of the airports don't even have them anymore, which is lame. And they don't enforce it consistently, so you can fly for ages without worry, and you get comfortable, and next thing, you're being given out to for doing something that was unofficially fine to do yesterday.

I can't believe how normal the stupid restrictions seem to me after such a short time. If you'd told me three years ago, I'd have spit in your eye and called you a liar. It just worries me that it's become normalised, and it's only goign to get worse the more we feel this stuff is normal and okay.

ah I know. it was out of character outburst ... As a compromise I'll give full sympathy if you have a line of screaming kids with you :p

but I have to travel around quite a bit with work now and have just got used to the fact that people do things differently in different places and can accommodate the fact that security border people are people and aren't robots. I amazed that people still get surprised and confrontational for REALLy minor things.

We could have a nice chat about airport design and the impact on the user experience - i.e. travelling through airports is inherently stressful and so it's understandable that people fly off on a mad one over toothpaste and perfume. On the flip side the security people are dealing with compound issues of diligence, protocol and highly emotional travellers.

What's funny is, that liquid bombs on planes dont, never did, and can't exist.
They are not possible.
To make a liquid bomb on a plane, you would basically need another plane flying along beside you full of liquid nitrogen to keep stuff cool, a fairly well set up lab, and some kind of platform that will damp the planes vibrations.

Its just impossible.
Everyone knows this, they always did know it, the whole thing was never anything more than PR.

i buy really cheap aftershave, so the toiletries doesnt bother me too much.
my gold flaked shampoo is a different story tho.

Froog, I have seen your aftershave. It has a little plastic leaf in it. It cracks me up every time.

To make a liquid bomb on a plane, you would basically need another plane flying along beside you full of liquid nitrogen to keep stuff cool, a fairly well set up lab, and some kind of platform that will damp the planes vibrations.

Quit helping the terrorists. The Japanese acrobat division of Al Qaeda will have a field day with this information. A field day!!

They are not possible.

Its just impossible.
Everyone knows this, they always did know it, the whole thing was never anything more than PR.

are you sure? so your saying you can't make any kind of bomb without liquid nitrogen?

They are not possible.

Its just impossible.

What about a load of mercury. That'd do the job, its goes straight through Aluminium in seconds.

But yeah, the whole thing is a total farce. I remember a few weeks after 9/11, they made me put my makeup in my checked bags flying out of Newark. Apparently, the glass bottle could be used as a weapon (If you don't blend your foundation properly, THE TERRORISTS WIN.). So then I go through security and buy a big fucking bottle of Bombay Sapphire in the duty-free. Before I paid for it, I asked one of the security people if it was okay to take it on the plane, since I had not been allowed to take my teeny tiny glass bottles. She was like, "Of course it's fine." Presumably, only non-duty-free bottles can be smashed and used as a makeshift weapon.

THEN! There was the thing last year where they changed the rules again, and it was okay to bring sharp scissors, but not a bottle of hand lotion.

I wonder if the no-liquids thing might have something to do with the growth in shopping areas inside the terminals.

given that getting people through the maximum number of shops is priority #1, i think you're right. and it drives me insaaaaane with the inconsistency.

think i mentioned it before, but i've accidentally flown with a stack of scalpel blades in my bag a good few times, and gotten on planes with five lighters with nothing more than a puzzled and reproving look from whoever searched my bag. i also had my hair searched in dublin airport after a clip set the detector off, and i'm not exactly rocking a beehive here.

and then last time i flew, in paris CDG they took every. single. pencil. out of my (pencil-stuffed) bag and examined them, and made me take off my shoes (fearsome, terrifying fake converse!) and then SEARCHED MY FEET. like, a good minute of massaging between the two.

edit: shouty broken arm, i solemnly swear my laptop and toiletries were sitting ready in separate trays already, though.

Isn't QE2 faffing around Heathrow today to open a new terminal?

I imagine all airport staff in Shannon, Dublin etc have been told to be extra vigilant/officious.

Wrong day to do the righteous indigantion act.

are you sure? so your saying you can't make any kind of bomb without liquid nitrogen?

I'm not sure about any Chemistry. I'm not a chemist at all.

But I am sure that all the lads on the 8th/9th/10th/11th floor who are chemists, all seem very confident that its all a load of bollocks.

I dunno what the crack with bringing a tub of mercury onto a plane would be like, but I would imagine that would show up on an X-Ray machine like a mother fucker.

Nah, seriously, like Pete linked out there, its not feasible. Even the US have admitted as much.
It was never anything more than monsters under your bed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back