meltbannana (11 Viewers)

yeah but there are millions of ways to 'take the system on', even wussy emoboy zines 'take the system on' in their own way, or challenge the stereotype of maleness. taking on the system does not have to involve direct action always, there are too many ways to mention.

I understand both Mc Moley and Stephens points, i find it hard to relate alot of things in the world of politics to my own life sometimes, i hate looking at the bigger picture, maybe thats selfish but i try to do as much as i can to change things on an individual basis. I find empowerment in it that i sadly dont get from alot of protests and direct actions.

Ed - you're not welcome in me gaff anymore after that fucked up shit you said about Therapy? Obviously everything after "Pleasure Death" went horribly wrong. The hair gel, man, for christs sakes, THE HAIR GEL!

that was going to be my other point - personal emo zines are revolutionary as fuck at times.

well i guess you dont want any buckfast i was gonna bring your stupid europunk ass over, so is it true that millions of dead cops are playing an acoustic gig in ur neck of the woods?

And weeeler, damn right, emo zines are hardcore as fuck, yo!

Ohh, Buckie?? I do seriously think everything after PD is shameful.

Anyway, yes, MDC are doing an acoutic gig in the local, and Damo tells me you're coming. I'll have the aul kettle on. Nice one.

Millions of Dead Cops (USA), Hellshock (USA), Consume (USA) & Krush (NL)
on the 1st in Hengelo.

is that gig not on saturday the 6th boss? Me and damo only heading over on the 4th (my 22nd birthday incidentally, ahem presents!) which is a thursday, ya know if anything goin on in the dam that weekend?

The ACU website says the 3rd but I'll double check it's correct tomorrow. There's probably a bar at the Rokin116 squat that Saturday (Friday?) but aside from that I know of no events.

spuded said:
the 4th (my 22nd birthday incidentally, ahem presents!) which is a thursday, ya know if anything goin on in the dam that weekend?
yeah, lots of smokin'! any chance of bringing a present back for me? your 21st birthday present was so fabulous it counts towards your next 20 years of presents i'm afraid, i might refill it on your 30th but i'm not promising anything.

Hellshock/Consume/Krush ?!!?!??
go to that!!!!

hellshock and consume are fuckin amazing ..... hellshock are metallic crust from portland,some of the members of remains of the day.consume are the best dbeat band out of america i think .. sounds like an amazing gig.

punk is alive and well on this board. weeler, you're a cock smoker. if you're moderating this board, pete brady has lost his marbles. i like the rest of you, especially olly. see ye now.

stopped reading this thread ages ago so may have missed a couple of pages but...

weeler said:
in nerd talk some1 who sets out to only start fights for the sake of it on the internet is called a troll - i think allowing them to post is counter productive and will remove them if i want.
i disagree. oly is a troll, the vast majority of his posts are written with the sole intention of stirring shit up. i think that's fine. you don't monitor oly, so what's your system for deciding which trolls are removable and which aren't? your buddies are ok but strangers aren't?

and daragh, not knowing enough about a situation isn't an excuse. it's totally fair enough not to go along to a protest or take part in a boycott or jump on a bandwagon if you're not clear on the motives behind it, i agree with you there. but when the information is so readily available it becomes an active decision on your part not to find out the facts and form your opinions.

heads on blocks on december 6th weeler.

that's funny, i pm'd him saying something similar. oly is funny buh.

treelo said:
stopped reading this thread ages ago so may have missed a couple of pages but...

weeler said:
in nerd talk some1 who sets out to only start fights for the sake of it on the internet is called a troll - i think allowing them to post is counter productive and will remove them if i want.
i disagree. oly is a troll, the vast majority of his posts are written with the sole intention of stirring shit up. i think that's fine. you don't monitor oly, so what's your system for deciding which trolls are removable and which aren't? your buddies are ok but strangers aren't?

It's true. I like stirring shit, which would make me a 'troll'. I prefer the term 'eejit'. As I said before, no one really wants/needs a moderator here (am I wrong?) and if someone wishes to ignore something here, they can. If they are offended, they can stop reading. No one should be able to say 'Right, I'm banning you' for ripping the piss. Posting pictures of dead Iraqi babies is ok, but dead aborted babies isn't, blah blah blah(EDIT this is a reference to an indymedia thread and not eirecore!). Moderation is for dickheads who don't know how to perceive correctly.

Believe it or not, not everyone has the time to become read-up on every subject worth protesting about. I might know a fair bit about the Iraq war (Half from official news sources, the other half from websites, pamphlets, my own opinions etc.) but I know fuck all about the protest outside the Greek embassy, Croatian embassy, Polish embassy, Chinese embassy etc. Having certain viewpoints doesn't mean that you have to know absolutely everything concerning that viewpoint; its the same as being a metaller doesn't mean you have to have absolutely every metal record. People should be able to pick and choose causes that they can identify with, not because people with similar political leanings say they *should* care about it. Protesting is not an 'image-enhancer' or an addition to your personality.
"See that guy over there, the guy with the dreadlocks?"
"Yeh?"
"He was at EVERY protest in Ireland for the past 20 years, he's been arrested at every one of them. He was even 'the face' of the poll-tax riots in England back in the 80s!"
"Wow!"
It's a personal choice. If I'm not read up on something, it could be I have no time or it can be that it doesn't bother me much, not because I'm a lazy cunt who 'only' cares about US wars. The Bin Tax is an example. People have asked me why I didn't show up at the protests and I told them its because I believe the bin tax can be a good thing; and they look quite taken aback, like I *should* care because that's what people like us do!

Thanks for the support hag. Your band are still shit.

yeah sadly i agree with oly, i understand his point about he bintax even though i dont agree with it. But the point is that, 'punks' expect other 'punks' to hold a certain set of standards and ideals which can be so black and white. Actually i've discussed this with someone before, the issue being, are multi-national companies inherently wrong? Like say you had an organisation thats truly international but also truly right-on, nice to staff, fair trade etc would that still be something would give out about. personally i dont really have a problem wiht multi-nationals if they are posi, ok im rambling but you get the point. Surely it would be more anarchistic to not notice the fact that a company is multi-national, because ya know, no borders an all.

mm nooly i would bring backa pressie, just wish i had more orafices (spelling?) damn you girls have it feckin easy.

There is only one thing you gotta have to be a proper metaller and that's a long mane of hair.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back