Apple Music vs Spotify question (1 Viewer)

dudley

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Contributor
Since 1999
Website
www.thedudleycorporation.com
Considering ditching Spotify for Apple Music, works out a quid cheaper a month for the family plan, for much higher quality audio, and seemingly they pay far more favourable rates.

Trialling Apple now and it seems grand, but one feature I use a lot is missing, or I can't figure it out. On Spotify, whatever device I'm using it on, there's a little speaker icon that you can click to get it to play on another device. Useful, say, if you're listening to Spotify over the stereo, but controlling it from your web browser.

1708435074048.png

One of the class things I do as a parent in the morning if my son isn't getting out of bed, is connect to his alexa speaker from spotify on my laptop, and play the hits of Wham.
But I don't see a means to do this in apple music?
Experts, please help.

Tidal just sent this in e-mail

Starting April 10, 2024, you will now get access to our music library in full lossless, HiRes FLAC, and Dolby Atmos sound for the same price you pay today of 10.99 €/month.​
This is because we’re making it easier for everyone to enjoy best-in-class sound quality by combining our HiFi and HiFi Plus tiers into a single subscription tier called TIDAL.​
You will see these changes reflected on your Subscription page at account.tidal.com on your first billing
date on or after April 10, 2024. Thanks for choosing to be a TIDAL subscriber.​

this is cool even though I don't have anything to play Atmos on. But its normally 19.99 a month to access those.

Tidal just sent this in e-mail

this is cool even though I don't have anything to play Atmos on. But its normally 19.99 a month to access those.
Would totally change to Tidal, but I need an Alexa compatible service. Tidal is in the US, but not here for no apparent reason

Can I make a playlist from the songs I'm currently listening to?

Like someone sends you a track and you listen to it and then it automatically starts playing songs from the algorithm based on that track - is tehre a way to make that a playlist without hitting 'Add To Playlist' after every song?
Like is there a 'Save Now Playing As Playlist' feature?

Can I make a playlist from the songs I'm currently listening to?

Like someone sends you a track and you listen to it and then it automatically starts playing songs from the algorithm based on that track - is tehre a way to make that a playlist without hitting 'Add To Playlist' after every song?
Like is there a 'Save Now Playing As Playlist' feature?

Yes you can. I haven’t used it, though.

I think if you make a playlist it can be set to include songs similar.

There are probably already made playlists based on your listening too. But it may depend on if you pay or ate using a free version? I pay,but don't use the playlists

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back