Fat Princess (4 Viewers)

Wow

Those are some of the best tits I have seen!! Imaging how big they will get when she gets pregnant!!

hoooooo, lordy

Nah I've seen other pictures of said girl and she didn't look anything like a dwarf or a boy for that matter.

Internet paedophile, someone call Chris Morris quick!!!

BrassEye.jpg

chatting or talking about it?

ok that might need a little explaining, chatting is with friends saying whats good, what helps, tips and pretty much all the (somethimes gorry details), talking would be more tv show 'expert' kinda thing , impersonal and can take all the fun out of it. not too sure that helps.

Jaysus. Are you American?

Talking, chatting, bollocksing, shiteing on about, chin-wagging...in summary, a frank and un-self-conscious approach to sexuality would sort out a lot of pointless sex-negating neuroses.

Nah, I just meant there are way too many people hung up on sex who can be somewhat offended if a
conversation turns to what one might find attractive about a man or woman's body, what kind of things
they'd like to do or the merits of a certain acrobatic position.

"Woah, tone it down man, there's ladies here"

If talking about the delights of the heady aroma of a clean and aroused pussy is derogatory to women
then sharing recipes is derogatory to food.

Let's stop being human beings with desires and let's start creating more and more rules for social
interaction so we can be finally live in a futuristic Victorian utopia where nobody is offended because
nobody speaks their mind.

Anyway, back on topic - I found this really interesting article on Fat Princess and thought I'd stick it up here.

Kotaku said:
Perhaps it would have been naive to assume that Sony's Fat Princess could have surfaced without stirring controversy, but as the media's picked up on a few dissenters in the blogosphere, we now have a little issue on our hands.

We've covered a bit of the reaction against the game, a strategy title that's a little bit capture-the-flag — except in this case, the "flag" is a very fat girl, made difficult to move because her captors are tasked with feeding her cake. Reactions have ranged from the constructively mild — Feminist Gamers wonders why fat chicks are considered "cute" and suggests a heavy treasure chest instead — to the bilious.
Shakesville writer Melissa McEwan writes, sarcastically, "I'm positively thrilled to see such unyielding dedication to creating a new generation of fat-hating, heteronormative assholes," and completed her protest with a photo dubbing herself "The Fat Princess of Shakesville Manor" — and flipping the bird, presumably to Sony.
The angle that the majority of the media seems to want to go with is "Feminists cry foul over Fat Princess," though whether someone is fat or thin is truly a feminist issue is debatable, one supposes. So shall we debate?

It's unfortunate that society has such a narrow range of figures that people are allowed to have in order to be considered attractive, and the general conception is that a fat man is somewhat more empathetic a creature than a fat woman, as unfair as that is.

But what's wrong with a fat princess?

On one hand, obesity is a serious health problem, and it's understandable that those who confront it might not wish their issue to be relegated to a video game mechanic, a source of laughs. Fat Princess ostensibly intends to be cute and funny, and perhaps it's offensive to think of fat girls as "cute and funny."

Instead of what, though? Princess Peach isn't fat, but she's cute and funny too, isn't she?

Complicating the issue is the fact that the concept of overweight woman as comic relief has been part of our culture for quite some time; we have quite a few femme comediennes who embrace their fat as a form of beauty and independence from social pressure. They prove that being fat needn't be some great, offensive social secret.
So what's the alternative for the princess? Should she not be fat, because thin girls are cute and funny while fat ones are not? Would it have been better to make her a typical, idealized female? Or must we be so sensitive that we are no longer allowed to rescue the princess, as we have done in our fairy tales for centuries, at all?

Is the problem with Fat Princess the fact that making her fat is something of a form of torture by her enemies? Because getting fat is a beautiful thing, or because getting fat is a terrible thing? There are, to be fair, reasons for fat girls, thin girls and feminists to be a little affronted by the game, but it's really not clear what the specific reason is, precisely, or what the solution might be.

James Green, lead art director on Fat Princess, told Yahoo! that the game's concept artist is female. I'm female, and when I first saw screens for Fat Princess, my only reaction was, "It looks cute."

I hate when we as an audience dismiss debates on issues in video games by saying "it's just a game." But I don't think that the things we see in games are necessarily reflections on ourselves or about us; the fat princess is not a spokesperson for all women, or even all fat women, and I'm most curious about the critics who chose to see her as a statement on themselves or their role as women in the real world.

Ultimately, though, wouldn't removing the fat girl, or the issue of obesity, from the game because they bring too many issues into play be precisely the wrong message to send to women?

i really just dont get the problem with the fat princess, shes fat so fucking what!!!!
im neither fat nor skinny, does that mean i should strive to be a size 6 and lose the curves that i love and others do too? never gonna happen, and id be freakin freezing!!!!

only part of the whole thing the bothers me in the slightest is why its almost always the women that need rescuing, but then again how many of out old folk and fairy tales have women in strong and indapendent roles so its not much of a suprise,
then again most women like the idea of being rescued from their like by some fantastic guy that doesnt exist, and if he did he'd prob bore the hell outta her.

Hang ups aren't all bad. They act as restrainers on people who dont have the capacity to know when to stop talking. Im comfortable enough talking about sex with some people but there are thousands of people with whom it would be in my bottom 3 topics of conversation on any level and in any context and if these people believed it to be a taboo-free subject that they could introduce at any time and I was the asshole for objecting then I would be on the first plane to Salt Lake City before you could say "It drives Darina crazy when I dab vomit on my barse". Like most things, sex negating neuroses have a time and a place.

Jaysus. Are you American?

Talking, chatting, bollocksing, shiteing on about, chin-wagging...in summary, a frank and un-self-conscious approach to sexuality would sort out a lot of pointless sex-negating neuroses.

not sure about the hang-ups part, its more knowing whats ok in what situation and context, i'll chat no holds bard kinda thing with some friends but others its kinda inapropriate, have a few friends that are priests or in traning and even tho we discuss sex its in more general terms, philosophical ramifacations of different attatudes, tendencies prefrences etc, im hardly gonna say 'guess who i did last night?' then proceed to full details. time and place dude!

i went to a religous college, and they never stint on drinks.

Hang ups aren't all bad. They act as restrainers on people who dont have the capacity to know when to stop talking. Im comfortable enough talking about sex with some people but there are thousands of people with whom it would be in my bottom 3 topics of conversation on any level and in any context and if these people believed it to be a taboo-free subject that they could introduce at any time and I was the asshole for objecting then I would be on the first plane to Salt Lake City before you could say "It drives Darina crazy when I dab vomit on my barse". Like most things, sex negating neuroses have a time and a place.

You're completely right, talking about sex requires a context that just doesn't exist when your Ma asks you
if you want a cup of tea (Thanks Mam! So do you bob your head up and down when you're gobbling Dad's
cock or do you give a wanky motion with your hand?) or when someone strikes up a conversation with you
on a plane (I hate take offs. I love taking off bras with one hand though).

But having hang ups about talking about sex in general isn't healthy.
Although I don't have the capacity to know when to stop talking.

not sure about the hang-ups part, its more knowing whats ok in what situation and context, i'll chat no holds bard kinda thing with some friends but others its kinda inapropriate, have a few friends that are priests or in traning and even tho we discuss sex its in more general terms, philosophical ramifacations of different attatudes, tendencies prefrences etc, im hardly gonna say 'guess who i did last night?' then proceed to full details. time and place dude!

Who was it? Come on, give us details, spill the bean!!!

But having hang ups about talking about sex in general isn't healthy.

Of course not but opening the floodgates on sexual discourse is an equally uncomfortable proposition. If you thought that cab rides couldnt get any more uncomfortable than an old Ireland driver sharing his views on multiculturalism then just imagine a cab driver enthusiastically asking you to smell his finger.*

*This has already happened to me

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back