Zizou to have ball removed? (1 Viewer)

Hector Grey

Contributor
Since 2000
says sepp.

what a bunch of cocksuckers. let zizou have his ball.

Yeah. Says he'll be making a statement about the headbutting incident this evening. I can't imagine it's going to be particularly revelatory, though. We shall see.

FIFA COULD STRIP ZIDANE OF AWARD
Click here for full World Cup 2006 coverage
Click here for more football news

FIFA president Sepp Blatter has hinted Zinedine Zidane could be stripped of the Golden Ball award because of his actions in Sunday's World Cup final.

International football's governing body have opened an inquiry into the incident which saw the France captain sent off for head-butting Italy defender Marco Materazzi in the chest.

Zidane is expected to speak publicly for the first time about his red card on French TV tonight, while Materazzi has confirmed that he insulted the former Real Madrid midfielder.

Zidane pipped Italy duo Fabio Cannavaro and Andrea Pirlo to the prize for the best player at the finals in Germany, which the Azzurri won on penalties.

But Blatter has insisted: "I have ordered our disciplinary committee to open an enquiry regarding that episode.

"We will await the result before taking action.

"The presumption of innocence until proven otherwise is and remains a sacred principle."

He added in an interview to Italian national newspaper La Repubblica: "The winner of the award is not decided by FIFA but by an international commission of journalists.

"Having said that, FIFA's executive committee has the right and the duty to intervene when faced with behaviours that are against the ethic of sport."

Blatter, though, admitted he was "saddened" by Zidane's reaction and added the 34-year-old felt "he didn't merit any medal" after Sunday's final in Berlin.

He added: "I have known Zidane for many years.

"To have seen him react in that way left me saddened, for him and for fair-play.

"I have been told that he was really sad.

"I didn't see him after the game. He was apparently in bad shape.

"I was told that at the end of the game the French Federation executives asked Zidane to go and receive his medal and he replied that he didn't merit any medal."

The sending-off, despite Italy's subsequent victory on penalties, has been the main talking point of the final.

Having retired after the match, Zidane may feel uninhibited by FIFA's investigation and free to speak out.

Theories have abounded over what defender Materazzi might have said to provoke such a furious reaction from Zidane.

The former Everton defender has conceded he made an offensive remark but Zidane is yet to give his version of events, although his agent has admitted the reaction was due to a "serious comment".

Materazzi had been expected to make a statement on the matter today, but that was before FIFA announced they would be looking into the incident. FIFA have given no indication as to how long their investigation will last.

http://www.sportinglife.com/footbal...soccer/06/07/12/WORLDCUP_Zidane_2nd_Lead.html

sure that'd be bulshit if they took it back. he was subjected to racism from some cunt who was looking for a reaction. fuck them if they take it off zz.

Fuck them if they don't hand Materazzi a lifetime ban if it turns out (and he admits) that it was a racist comment. After the huge focus FIFA places on its anti-racism stance, anything else would be blatantly hypocritical.
Blatter is up for re-election next year...Between the South African venue looking increasingly shaky and now this, I'd say he's a worried man right about now.

FIFA should give Zidane Matterazzi's child. Seems to be the only sensible solution to all of this.

FIFA should give Zidane half of Matterazzi's child. Materazzi can keep the left half as he has a good left foot. Seems to be the only sensible solution to all of this.

skinnerchinner said:
he didnt deserve the fucking thing anyway
i didnt see roy keane get the golden bowel in the last world cup
just cos he was fucking off
jesus, just leave keano out of this. this isn't a cunts thread, this is a thread about a magnificent man who was defending his mothers pride. long live zizou.

FIFA should split in half - one being ruled by Byzantium, the other by Rome. Matterazzi's child should be declared leader of the Byzantium branch, while Sophie Ellis Bextor should be declared Queen of the West.
Zidane could then take charge of his army of elephants and sack Rome while Lippi plays the fiddle.
Seems to be the only sensible solution to all of this.

billygannon said:
FIFA should split in half - one being ruled by Byzantium, the other by Rome. Matterazzi's child should be declared leader of the Byzantium branch, while Sophie Ellis Bextor should be declared Queen of the West.
Zidane could then take charge of his army of elephants and sack Rome while Lippi plays the fiddle.
Seems to be the only sensible solution to all of this.
too mucj time on your hands billy. waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much.

go around to auntie and ask them to but juliet bravo back on.

Zinedine Zidane has apologised for the headbutt on Italy's Marco Materazzi which earned him a red card in Sunday's World Cup final penalty shoot-out loss. But the France legend did not reveal what Materazzi said, only confirming that it was "very personal and concerned his mother and his sister".
In a French TV interview, Zidane, 34, said: "I want to ask for forgiveness from all the children who watched that.
"There was no excuse for it. I want to be open and honest about it."
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/world_cup_2006/5169342.stm

Sorry I didn't realise that joke had been done to death on the general board. I seldom go there any more - it's seems to be mostly fags chatting each other up.

Bunch of funny Zidane gifs!
http://gifdump.com/search/Zidane/

Some dont even make any sense!!

Zinedine%20Zidane%20Headbutt%20Parody,%20MC%20Hammer.gif

What the fuck is going on!! i hot linked a gif of zidane and mc hammer having fun and when I come back its a massive arsehole!!! PEEETTTTEEEEE!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back