Your work situation (3 Viewers)

Had a difficult one today. A place I used to actually work at, but all the management changes mean it's a totally different place.

Half an hour in I'm getting mugged off like it's my first day by one particular chap.

The few remaining old boys who remember me were like "it's all different here now, that guy, I'm quitting here soon".

Kiwi colleague said, in his inimitable Kiwi way "The way he was out there on his smoko, slouched over, playing slots on his phone instead of doing his job, I thought 'you're the kind of guy who hits his wife'".

A fine, and hopefully inaccurate, but I'm not sure, put down.

It should have been an easy day.

Yeah, I was lied to today. Fuck this lot. Lied to by people I've known for years. It feels like a bitter argument with a girlfriend or something.

Further to this, I was chatting to a vastly overqualified young man just now in the pub. I don't work with him yet, but I have worked with his dad. I said, it was a bad day, but it was singular bad day. It's ok.
He wrote that phrase down.
A few minutes later his dad came up to me and gave me a big hug. "Son just told me about the chat you guys had, I had tears".

I look forward to the the days when my mates kid is my boss.

I read some work details wrong. I thought I'd be at work at 04:00 tomorrow, getting treated like a prick by pricks. I didn't confirm that I'd do it, so I phoned the manager now asking are you still expecting me to do that. My whole day and week have been gearing up to this phone call and the horror of the job.

No seanc, that job is next Monday.

What a waste of everyone's time and energy.and it is my fault. So I guess I definitely have to do that 04:00 job next Monday now.

Btw, this a big R'n'R job, the kind of thing I'd have loved to do ten years ago. And now it's just "meh".

Last edited:
I read some work details wrong. I thought I'd be at work at 04:00 tomorrow, getting treated like a prick by pricks. I didn't confirm that I'd do it, so I phoned the manager now asking are you still expecting me to do that. My whole day and week have been gearing up to this phone call and the horror of the job.

No seanc, that job is next Monday.

What a waste of everyone's time and energy.and it is my fault. So I guess I definitely have to do that 04:00 job next Monday now.

Btw, this a big R'n'R job, the kind of thing I'd have loved to do ten years ago. And now it's just "meh".
Rancho'n'relaxo?

I still need work obvs, but I will enjoy the sleep.

I've spent days and nights labouring under misread information. How I eat, how I sleep. And again, it is my fault.

Gonna try to do a Rancho Relaxo now, but ffs seanc, shouldn't have happened in the first place.

We’ve been working on stuff for a few months now and it is being released out in to the big wide world this week.
I spent the weekend checking my emails and overthinking everything I’ve done and what I could have done better, and didn’t sleep last night thinking about it, so I’m pretty much done at this stage.
It’s not a million miles away from things that went on in Dublin last week, so that’s definitely added to the desire to not fuck everything up.

Inundated with work as usual.

What a nice complaint. I must be doing something right.

All my clients do be very nice as well. People are awesome
I hope you dress like this at work
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back