Your work situation (4 Viewers)

Never seen The Simpsons? That's unpossible!

How do converse with people of that demographic? Which is pretty similar to Thumped's demographic.

I avoided it
What I saw of it, I didn't really like

Although, I feel like I've watched every episode with the amount people quote it.

I'm a bit of a bore on this. It's a bugbear of mine; the ubiquity of this TV programme in Irish culture.
Each to their own and all.
I wanna know - have you ever seen the rain?

My boss's boss just had "a chat" with me about my boss, who's kinda completely useless. Normally all I ask of a boss is "keep out of my way and give me a good performance review", but lately it's been rankling that this guy is being paid more than I am despite me contributing an order of magnitude more to the organisation, so I was honest (well, not as honest as I am here, but work-honest).

Feel a little bit guilty about it, but if the guy got fired and had to go work in a less cushy job for a few years it'd probably do him a world of good

My boss's boss just had "a chat" with me about my boss, who's kinda completely useless. Normally all I ask of a boss is "keep out of my way and give me a good performance review", but lately it's been rankling that this guy is being paid more than I am despite me contributing an order of magnitude more to the organisation, so I was honest (well, not as honest as I am here, but work-honest).

Feel a little bit guilty about it, but if the guy got fired and had to go work in a less cushy job for a few years it'd probably do him a world of good

Unless he ends up getting divorced or killing himself

As long as you haven't inadvertently talked yourself into more responsibility here also.

I made so many fuck ups in work that pretty much the whole day was spent redoing stuff and panic fixing stuff that, in the end, didn't have to be fixed. So annoying.

I just finished three weeks of no blinking intense project stuff. Pulled a double shift the past two days, one hour admin in the morning and I'm out till Monday. I'm 100% in the pub right now and that first pint tasted like a snog from whatsherface from the avengers.

I'm out of my project until Sunday night. They didn't book anyone for showtime soooo, meh.

Today was an emergency call in because I think they actually forgot that things needed fixing. Grand day at work for me, but I had to let other people down.
Yesterday was brutal though.

Today's work:
Dodgy directions to site, but got there.
Colleague one was dressed in his casualness of casuals.
Colleague two in uniform but clearly new and anxious and had bothered a bunch of people looking for directions etc. He should just know to phone me first.
Colleague three shoes up at the very last minute. Too cool for uniform* or PPE.

Anyway, after a few minutes of phone calls, turns out they'd booked us for the wrong day. We still get paid of course, but I'm the only one who actually did any work. Left my gaff and back again within 90 minutes.

*There's many reasons to dislike uniforms, but you kinda need to be identifiable if you show up in a new venue for a new client with new colleagues. Pisses me right off.

Aaaaaand the rescheduled work will see me doing two half shifts in two locations spanning 13 hours. 01:00 finish. 10 hours pay.
I kinda of have to do it now though.

I work with a couple of guys that don't really like each other. Every time I mention one to the other they do a sarky, and eerily accurate impersonation of each other. It's amusing.

I love my job. its satisfying.

also being self employed...is very nice. sometimes ..stressful..as the buck starts and stops with you.

tuesday outdoors tomorrow...painting a front door pink. i can cope with that!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

• M
Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back