Your top 5 musical discoveries of 2004 (1 Viewer)

FancyGoods said:
* technotronic (this beat is,this beat is)
* 2unlimited
* come on barby lets go party
* the blue danube waltz
* J'Taime by Sege Gainsbourg
man, you're too whacky for me ;)

hmm, let's see...sufjan stevens, corsano/flaherty, and i've also been listening a lot more to folks like clouddead, and a lot of the english folkie stuff i grew up with - fairport convention et al. must see if i can remember anything else...

I feel completely brane-ded today and can only think of Pink Grease and the Futureheads.

minka said:
hmm, let's see...sufjan stevens, corsano/flaherty, and i've also been listening a lot more to folks like clouddead, and a lot of the english folkie stuff i grew up with - fairport convention et al. must see if i can remember anything else...

Its been a bad year for music for me. One of those transitional years, when i grow very tired of the stuff I have been listening to, and just hang about in musical purgatory for a while. plus i decided eto go swimming with my discman at the start of the summer, so that was a bit of a blow. But i have heard some good stuff recently (thanks in part to the thumped compilation club), but i havent gotten around to properly devling so to speak.
so, it would have to be: television, xiu xiu (still dont know too much stuff), and some other band whose name i cant recall that Outlaw has on a comp for me that she'd said she'd give to me about 4 months ago (grrr) colours was it? i dunno.

hag said:
will someone please make me a comp featuring supersilent, comets on fire, part chimp, les georges leningrad, double leopards and black dice please? thanks. if i like them, i'll try to bring them over so that may be worth someone's while. i just don't have my finger on the pulse any more, i need help.
oh please do bring over part chimp
they're great

also been havin a tough year - not listened to much lately but some good stuff:

les savy fav
animal collective
amusement parks on fire
seefeel
how i own a crap load of stuff offa kranky and never made the connection

top musical discoveries eh...
1. deerhoof(theyve been mentioned here and there..cool!fooking excellent)
2. cat power
3. explosions in the sky
4. the advantage(that band bringing the tunes from the days of old, when the super nintendo ruled the earth back to our largely nintendo-less lives)
5. sun kil moon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back