Your Health Is Your Wealth (2 Viewers)

• Thread starter GO
  • Start date
  • Replies 1K
  • Views 72K
  • Watchers 9
We've never had a scales in the house I've never known what I weigh. But this last two weeks we were staying in an apartment with a scales. I totally got into the stats of it. I weighed myself multiple times a day and logged it all in the health app on my phone. Really interesting to see how the weight changes over the day. I think the most I saw was a 2kg swing. Great craic.

We've never had a scales in the house I've never known what I weigh. But this last two weeks we were staying in an apartment with a scales. I totally got into the stats of it. I weighed myself multiple times a day and logged it all in the health app on my phone. Really interesting to see how the weight changes over the day. I think the most I saw was a 2kg swing. Great craic.
Yeah, it can be all over the place

Same time every day and within your shitting cycle
After the morning dump and before the first pint of water is a great time to make weight

Yeah, it can be all over the place

Same time every day and within your shitting cycle
After the morning dump and before the first pint of water is a great time to make weight
Between 7 pm after finishing eating and 11 am the next day - not having had anything to eat yet - my weigh has fluctuated by up to 8 or 9 lbs.
Not an exaggeration.

The scales at home is a wanker.
Tried the one in the gym and I was 7 lbs down compared to the one at home.
Ok there’s also not a single flat surface in the flat, but I’m blaming the scale.

So I got a colonoscopy done only ten weeks after I asked for not essential appointment.
Nothing wrong and as I thought a suggestion to get GP to send me dietician. I will spare most details of procedure but nothing to be afraid of.
I feel fine afterwards except for my genitals feeling like I need to pee!
My ass is fine!

Staff and whole set up get A+. A local woman I know was a volunteer showed me where to go and had a chat with me. My friend was working on the ward and came over to see me.
All staff really nice and knew what they doing.

Some reasons was asking for appointment:
- My father died of bowel cancer last year. Will have to get screened eventually - might as well get used to it now.

- when young thin me got put on meds in 1996 I put on 20 lbs in a few months and started to have to go loo multiple times a day - never happened before.
I have been stuck with both problems since. I ate total crap back then.
+ food seems to stay in my system for a long time.
A to both: Go to dietician.

- Was my digestive system working properly? Need more oils?
Yes high fibre is good for digestive system but told oils I consume are sufficient. Overheard someone being told by doctor about dangers of Irish low fibre diet.

So I guess I should try some things -
Eating some fermented food, limit carbs, cook food for longer, make sure I eat at least two cans worth of beans (450g) per day - usually do that, more preparation into making food tasty, maybe less raw veg??

Came home and had oatmeal + soya milk, beans, few slices of bread, water + soya milk. First food for 39 hours.
FIXED typos

Last edited:
So I got a colonoscopy done only ten weeks after I asked for not essential appointment.
Nothing wrong and as I thought a suggestion to get GP to send me dietician. I will spare most details of procedure but nothing to be afraid of.
I feel fine afterwards except for my genitals feeling like I need to pee!
My ass is fine!

Staff and whole set up get A+. A local woman I know was a volunteer showed me where to go and had a chat with me. My friend was working on the ward and came over to see me.
All staff really nice and knew what they doing.

Some reasons was asking for appointment:
- My father died of bowel cancer last year. Will have to get screened eventually - might as well get used to it now.

- when young thin me got put on meds in 1996 I put on 20 lbs in a few months and started to have to go loo multiple times a day - never happened before.
I have been stuck with both problems since. I ate total crap back then.
+ food seems to stay in my system for a long time.
A to both: Go to dietician.

- Was my digestive system working properly? Need more oils?
Yes high fibre is good for digestive system but told oils I consume are sufficient. Overheard someone being told by doctor about dangers of Irish low fibre diet.

Eating some fermented food, limit carbs, cook food for longer, make sure I eat at least two cans worth of beans (450g) per day - usually do that, more preparation into making food tasty, maybe less raw veg??

Came home and had oatmeal + soya milk, beans, few slices of bread, water + soya milk. First food for 39 hours.
FIXED typos
I am very happy you are going to a dietitian. I honestly believe a change in your diet will help a few things out. Just to say, that seems a very carb heavy first meal.

This seems like it's in the general field of "good foods for gut health." The ol' microbiome is a lot more powerful than we realise.

Hope things work out well for you.

This is what happened to me in 1996 aged 20.
No devils advocate arguments about this please, this is what happened and if ya think my diet is bad now wait until you hear this.

I was 20 years old and heading into a crisis where I needed to take anti psychotics.
I gave up working in summer 1995 but from early 1996 got into a rut of staying in bed all day.
Despite having a completely shit diet my weight went from 11 stone 10 lbs down to 10 1/2 stone! I am 1.82 metres tall (1.83 is 6 ft.)
When I finally conceded I was in a hole I couldn't get out of (extremely stressed outside own surroundings, obsessively OTT about hygiene, isolated myself and didn't talk to anyone unless necessary) I told my doctor I was open to taking medication.
She pointed out I had gotten very thin and needed to eat more - I hadn't even noticed and agreed to make sure I ate enough.
I had a long history of skipping meals and considering eating semi optional.

I had become a vegan in 1993 and gave up eating cooked meals from 1994.
Despite eatibg utter crap I PUT LITTLE or NO WEIGHT in those 2 years spring 1994 to summer 1996.
I weighed 11 1/2 stone when I became a vegan in 1993 and never weighed close to 12 stone until I took meds in July/August 1996 and as I said I was 10 1/2 stone in May 1996.

This is very important to understand - I feel this has been repeatedly ignored when I speak my experience with food.

Now what was I eating aged 17 to 21? (summer 1993-late 1996 and beyond) Well it was exactly the same crap but it just went up hugely when I lost control of my appetite in 1996 after I started on antipsychotics.

Mostly Bread (nothing on it)
Some oatmeal
apples
salted peanuts
orange juice about 1 litre a day and no other liquids.

I never ate veg and rarely drank water or anything other than this crap.

As I ate so little I got away with this until I took meds. Only then did things get out of control.
I started to eat like a horse in August 1996 I put on 20 lbs and weighed 13+ stone in winter 1996.

When I was a teen I only had to crap once everyday. I crapped once at school between September 1989 and May 1993.

But in autumn 1996 I started to have to go to loo twice a day and it has gotten much worse. It got unbelievably bad in early 2015 I wouldn't go until after 2pm and then had to go many times for rest of day. I was eating well for years by then and have no idea why this happened.

Other than eating too much and it's knock on effects there is no common thread behind this.
I didn't eat bread for years at one point, I rarely drink orange juice now, don't eat fruit most days etc.

The sheer amount of food I eat is the big driver of this. Only very careful management of what eat is going to help.

I drank 4 1/2 litres of water yesterday and I had difficulty cleaning out my system despite not eating anything for 36 hours.

They told me today my bowel has no problems. They couldn't tell me why any of this happens.

If I eat all the food I do my body cannot process it easily.
This started in 1996 when I was put on meds.
I have eaten far worse than I even did today and it caused me no problems because I ate less.

If anyone wants to address any of my issues with food please use read this post carefully for reference.

At least one person has said things about their own diet that made little or no sense to me but I didn't dispute their experience.

I eat oatmeal with flaxseed, bread (not most days), kidney beans / chick peas, 2 tablespoons live oil, courgettes, celery sticks, spinach cooked green veg also inc broccoli, cabbage plus above veg. and 2.5 litres water and or some oat/soya milk plus occasionally 1 apple, or 200ml orange juice.

Less carbs - on esp. on lazy days - and a bit more food diversity and effort and that is all I can do.
I eat better than most people most days.

People on thumped talk about eating other crap - fried meat, deserts, cheese sandwiches, multiple cups of coffee and no one bats an eyelid.

Users who are viewing this thread

• N
Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back