Your Health Is Your Wealth (2 Viewers)

• Thread starter GO
  • Start date
  • Replies 1K
  • Views 64K
  • Watchers 9
it is. This was a big thing for me back in my cycling a lot days. Beetroot/Beetroot juice aided recovery cos it increases circulation and gets the oxygen around the body quicker (via the red blood cells).

beetroot is a superfood. I find the juice a bit unpalatable but love beets or baby beets in a sandwich or a salad.
You eat 'em raw or pickled?

if anyone wants to nerd out on the ins and outs of beetroot juice.

I’ve dated people who were German, Italian and Dutch. They seemed like positive people, but definitely not once you got to know them.
Granted, I’m the common denominator here.

I love the raw beets in salad
Will go through a lot of them if I'm in that groove

Didn't know they were especially healthy. Gonna go online and order some in my veg delivery.

My doctor had a stomach problem and swears by fermented food including beetroot. Really in tune with digestive system food. Might give it a go.
Remember eating a lot of it 40 years ago in our house.

Seems it's because it's high in nitrates, which is what makes it good for blood pressure.

What's confusing my doc - and me - is that my blood pressure is normal at night. Too high during the day. Which means I'm approaching taking the meds with some trepidation. Don't want it too low at night.

beetroot is a staple with me because all my lunches are those 'summer salads' the internet was taking the piss out of a year ago. you can do a lot with about 5-10 preseved fruit/veg things sitting in your fridge door.

Seems it's because it's high in nitrates, which is what makes it good for blood pressure.

What's confusing my doc - and me - is that my blood pressure is normal at night. Too high during the day. Which means I'm approaching taking the meds with some trepidation. Don't want it too low at night.
dude, hit the watermelon too. Another good one for the blood pressure. At the moment you can pick up a nice one for 3 bob in Aldi

Beetroot is ming. High in iron I think too? Watch out for that in case you have haemochromatosis.

You probably don't, but in case anyone feels shit tired and doesn't know why. Check iron levels.

currently wearing a 24 hour blood pressure monitor because my blood pressure is much too high at the moment. 90% convinced i've mild long covid, this bout of mild ill health kicked off about six months ago, the morning after i went out for a 40km cycle a week after i thought i'd gotten over covid.
since posting this, i've heard about a friend's wife, who has been on blood pressure meds for 18 months, after she got covid; a friend, who's a keen cyclist, who has been dealing with exhaustion and 'some other odd side effects' after getting covid at new years; and another lad (also a cyclist) who has too low blood pressure and strangely low heart rate since getting covid five months ago. he gets briefly dizzy if he moves his head too fast.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back