• Thread starter GO
  • Start date
  • Replies 1K
  • Views 64K
  • Watchers 9
I have no idea what protein foods I eat
I eat meat, so I just presume it happens

We are all different
I have to try to avoid animal fats (for the diabetes) and pure carbs cos they will make me fat.

More than anything, I am striving for balance. Good nutrition and leaning away for what's not good for my needs.
Egg gave some good advice on getting protein and fat amounts right. Will look into that.
Listen there are times I get things completely wrong.
I am going to Dublin tomorrow so it's Free Hit Day: No attempt at eating properly and as I will be on buses for nearly 5 hours, drink as little as possible. I blame the lack of public toilets myself.

Egg gave some good advice on getting protein and fat amounts right. Will look into that.
Listen there are times I get things completely wrong.
I am going to Dublin tomorrow so it's Free Hit Day: No attempt at eating properly and as I will be on buses for nearly 5 hours, drink as little as possible. I blame the lack of public toilets myself.
Some handy public toilets in Dublin are:
Upstairs in Easons on O’Connell st
All M&S’s
Near the Parnell st entrance to the Ilac,
Upstairs in Jervis st shopping centre
Epic centre
Upstairs Stephens green shopping centre (but I think that’s 50c)

Some handy public toilets in Dublin are:
Upstairs in Easons on O’Connell st
All M&S’s
Near the Parnell st entrance to the Ilac,
Upstairs in Jervis st shopping centre
Epic centre
Upstairs Stephens green shopping centre (but I think that’s 50c)
I am usually only in Dublin at night to go to gigs. But thanks for your kindness.

I have no idea what protein foods I eat
I eat meat, so I just presume it happens

We are all different
I have to try to avoid animal fats (for the diabetes) and pure carbs cos they will make me fat.

More than anything, I am striving for balance. Good nutrition and leaning away for what's not good for my needs.
Have started the ukulele lessons that egg suggested yet?
You need something else going on in addition to being a fit stud.

Have started the ukulele lessons that egg suggested yet?
You need something else going on in addition to being a fit stud.
Have not had time for a lesson
Got up at 4:15am yesterday for a training session
5:15 today
Between training and work and a single episode of Netflix, I have no energy or time for anything else
Need to pick up the guitar and at least do one thing with it

For the record, I go to great places and do awesome things with women who happen to be beautiful, but I am not necessarily sleeping with any or all of them.
Every relationship is different and each moment in time is also.
We give each other what we need, for the time we have with each other.
I'm being deliberately vague here, but truthful.

currently wearing a 24 hour blood pressure monitor because my blood pressure is much too high at the moment. 90% convinced i've mild long covid, this bout of mild ill health kicked off about six months ago, the morning after i went out for a 40km cycle a week after i thought i'd gotten over covid.
i've been prescribed blood pressure medication. fuck covid.

Have not had time for a lesson
Got up at 4:15am yesterday for a training session
5:15 today
Between training and work and a single episode of Netflix, I have no energy or time for anything else
Need to pick up the guitar and at least do one thing with it

For the record, I go to great places and do awesome things with women who happen to be beautiful, but I am not necessarily sleeping with any or all of them.
Every relationship is different and each moment in time is also.
We give each other what we need, for the time we have with each other.
I'm being deliberately vague here, but truthful.
Funnily enough you've mentioned this before! You sound fulfilled

Funnily enough you've mentioned this before! You sound fulfilled
I guess I do
I can't believe how lucky my life turned out after nearly driving it into a fucking ditch while blaming everyone else
Grateful for every minute of every day, even when something shitty is happening - because I chose it, and because I'm alive

Almost got to dial it back. Like particularly after something like cold water swimming, I am so fucking flooded with good feelings, I can be a bit much to be around.
Like I came out of the water this morning. It was pissing rain. My bike had a punctured tyre. My socks and feet were already soaked from the bike ride there. I had to get to work. It was only three miles, but I decided to run it. Miserable conditions, but I found a small ball in a puddle and I piucked it up and bounced it while running, soaking wet all the way to work.
And I was happy as could be. And I got in to work and I'm happy to see everyone. But right away you know you've got the wrong energy in a room.
I know it's teh brain chemicals from swimming, but I can't switch it off. So I just have to pump the brakes on it.
It's what @Jill Hives calls my 'annoying positivity'.
Not everyone wants to be around some guy who thinks that everything is fucking wonderful. Plenty of people have chosen low-level misery as a default state - especially in work - and they don't want to be around someone whose default is yippa-dee-fucking-doo-dah.

But other than that, any 'problems' I have, I'd be an utter dick to complain about, cos I have it better than 95% of the planet, I reckon. Healthy, got love in my life, food, shelter, I know what I want to do every day and I experience joy from doing those things.

See how I deal with a serious illness or some real life trauma.
Any fucker can be happy when everything is going well.

Last edited:
I guess I do
I can't believe how lucky my life turned out after nearly driving it into a fucking ditch while blaming everyone else
Grateful for every minute of every day, even when something shitty is happening - because I chose it, and because I'm alive

Almost got to dial it back. Like particularly after something like cold water swimming, I am so fucking flooded with good feelings, I can be a bit much to be around.
Like I came out of the water this morning. It was pissing rain. My bike had a punctured tyre. My socks and feet were already soaked from the bike ride there. I had to get to work. It was only three miles, but I decided to run it. Miserable conditions, but I found a small ball in a puddle and I piucked it up and bounced it while running, soaking wet all the way to work.
And I was happy as could be. And I got in to work and I'm happy to see everyone. But right away you know you've got the wrong energy in a room.
I know it's teh brain chemicals from swimming, but I can't switch it off. So I just have to pump the brakes on it.
Not everyone wants to be around some guy who thinks that everything is fucking wonderful. Plenty of people have chosen low-level misery as a default state - especially in work - and they don't want to be around someone whose default is yippa-dee-fucking-doo-dah.

But other than that, any 'problems' I have, I'd be an utter dick to complain about, cos I have it better than 95% of the planet, I reckon. Healthy, got love in my life, food, shelter, I know what I want to do every day and I experience joy from doing those things.

Hey now, don’t drag me into this… you know why I find it annoying and it’s not because you’re positive or happy. 😏

I guess I do

Yeah a few times this happened to me but on a lesser level.
In summer 1993 aged 17 I started being a vegan and buying records by mail. In a very short space of time I writing to folks in Finland, Germany, Japan, Lithuania, all over the USA, even Scotland!
Later Malaysia, Brasil, Peru, Ecuador, Bolivia, Turkey, South Africa, Colombia, most counties in Europe. Have music from about 80 countries now.
Best thing I ever got involved in.

Not being able to cope with work plus general poor coping skills, lack of motivation led me to a very isolated place in mid 90's. I lost faith in people around me, had a huge neurosis about OTT hygiene (originating from very dirty jobs) and eventually felt stressed nearly everywhere except when I was in bed. I didn't watch TV etc. for three years

I somehow continued to go to Dublin for the day regularly and buy records through post but had feck all else going on.

I got help in 1996 and meds and good doctors and nurses plus support for peers in similar situation (some of whom I still meet regularly).

From about 1996 to 2012 my life improved year after year.
In late 2000's I added eating well and regular exercise - no shit!
I was happy in my 20's but lazy so I put the absolute minimum in eating properly.
Never cooked food or rarely ate veg(!)
In 2005 I found myself with more free time and did something about it.
Gradually over 5+ years I lost nearly 5 stone and got my weight within about 8 lbs of when I was 20.
But it was hard work - my main goal everyday and a bit limiting but I got a huge buzz of it for years.
Sound familiar?!

I hit a rut in mid 2010's sleeping really badly (tired nearly everyday of 2014 and 2016). Gains made in my diet and health since late 2000's were being lost as felt too tired to take exercise or eat well.
This led to a medication change in 2017 which means I get by on 6 1/2 hours good quality sleep now.

Since then long days awake with lots of time on my hands. Going to gigs regularly, volunteering, finding it easy to speak to strangers all came on the agenda.
Until 2016 I had a lifelong hatred of talking on the phone. Well over 99% of time I have talked on phone was after I was 40.

The big thing I need now is to get more organised and use my time better.
I spend too much time on the internet - haha.

Yeah a few times this happened to me but on a lesser level.
In summer 1993 aged 17 I started being a vegan and buying records by mail. In a very short space of time I writing to folks in Finland, Germany, Japan, Lithuania, all over the USA, even Scotland!
Later Malaysia, Brasil, Peru, Ecuador, Bolivia, Turkey, South Africa, Colombia, most counties in Europe. Have music from about 80 countries now.
Best thing I ever got involved in.

Not being able to cope with work plus general poor coping skills, lack of motivation led me to a very isolated place in mid 90's. I lost faith in people around me, had a huge neurosis about OTT hygiene (originating from very dirty jobs) and eventually felt stressed nearly everywhere except when I was in bed. I didn't watch TV etc. for three years

I somehow continued to go to Dublin for the day regularly and buy records through post but had feck all else going on.

I got help in 1996 and meds and good doctors and nurses plus support for peers in similar situation (some of whom I still meet regularly).

From about 1996 to 2012 my life improved year after year.
In late 2000's I added eating well and regular exercise - no shit!
I was happy in my 20's but lazy so I put the absolute minimum in eating properly.
Never cooked food or rarely ate veg(!)
In 2005 I found myself with more free time and did something about it.
Gradually over 5+ years I lost nearly 5 stone and got my weight within about 8 lbs of when I was 20.
But it was hard work - my main goal everyday and a bit limiting but I got a huge buzz of it for years.
Sound familiar?!

I hit a rut in mid 2010's sleeping really badly (tired nearly everyday of 2014 and 2016). Gains made in my diet and health since late 2000's were being lost as felt too tired to take exercise or eat well.
This led to a medication change in 2017 which means I get by on 6 1/2 hours good quality sleep now.

Since then long days awake with lots of time on my hands. Going to gigs regularly, volunteering, finding it easy to speak to strangers all came on the agenda.
Until 2016 I had a lifelong hatred of talking on the phone. Well over 99% of time I have talked on phone was after I was 40.

The big thing I need now is to get more organised and use my time better.
I spend too much time on the internet - haha.
PS - forgot to mention my family in my story. They are really supportive and have been above and beyond good to me since I was 19.

Sound familiar?!
Yeah, it does
I do like to work hard every day at fitness. That's my buzz.
I trust/hope that weight maintenance will happen as a side effect

Not sure, possibly.
it is. This was a big thing for me back in my cycling a lot days. Beetroot/Beetroot juice aided recovery cos it increases circulation and gets the oxygen around the body quicker (via the red blood cells).

beetroot is a superfood. I find the juice a bit unpalatable but love beets or baby beets in a sandwich or a salad.

You are pretty positive though. I blame America.
The Germans and Italians and Swedes are all pretty positive also. The Dutch also.
Obviously being anecdotal here.

It's mostly just us and the Brits that require moaning/complaining/whingeing out of each other.
Not sure if we got that from them or if its our own brand.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back