Your Health Is Your Wealth (2 Viewers)

• Thread starter GO
  • Start date
  • Replies 1K
  • Views 64K
  • Watchers 9
What do you specifically think I need to eat out of interest?
Yeah I am a vegan since 1993
Edited
I agree with everything @egg_ posted.

You need healthy fats and more protein. Add some almond butter to your celery! Unused carbs turn into sugar. Cut down on the portions of oatmeal and add some frozen berries, they are low in sugar for fruit and have antioxidants. Eat some avocado or change to some over night chia seed porridge with almond milk and berries. Lower in carbs, higher in good fats and will keep you fuller longer. Snack on some olives! Not that I'm a doctor.

Last edited:
@nuke terrorist - just a comment on your food intake from above.

Flahavan's organic jumbo oats are 11% protein (according to the packet in my kitchen) so your 250g of gives you 27.g of protein

Protein content of canned chickpeas varies a lot - in my kitchen there's a can from Tesco that's 6.7% protein, and a Bunalun organic can that's 4.3%, so your 370g chickpeas gives you between approx 16 and 25g of protein

Veg contains almost no protein, so you're getting a max of 50-ish grams of protein a day

I think you're at least in your mid-40s - medical recommendation for protein intake for people of middle age and beyond is at least 1g per kilo of bodyweight per day. I think you said you were around 12 stone which is ~76 kilos, so you're only getting between half and two-thirds of what you need, and ought to consider getting more protein into you somehow
The elephant in the room is that I am on medication that causes me to feel hungry and the amount of food I eat is huge as a result.
What I listed was a GOOD day.
Mostly days I eat more beans and oatmeal than that.
It is a constant struggle I am never going to get right when I eat that much.
As egg pointed out if ya eat loadsa carbs you get plenty of protein too (11 %).

250 g of oatmeal is too much but under 150 g is not enough.

People on another thread yesterday talking about fast food burgers.

... also your fat intake is very low. 1.5 tbsp of olive oil is 21g fat. It's hard to get a definite answer on the minimum amount of fat required per day, but this article says 0.25g per pound of bodyweight. If you really are 12 stone that's 168 pounds which means you're only getting around half the fat you need
Everything I have read says no one needs more than two tablespoons of oil per day.
So some other option is needed for that.

Last edited:
That wasn't a homophobic slur.
I just don't like the look of pink porridge....or brown porridge (not a racial slur)
or cold porridge (not a temperature-al slur)

I agree with everything @egg_ posted.

You need healthy fats and more protein. Add some almond butter to your celery! Unused carbs turn into sugar. Cut down on the portions of oatmeal and add some frozen berries, they are low in sugar for fruit and have antioxidants. Eat some avocado or change to some over night chia seed porridge with almond milk and berries. Lower in carbs, higher in good fats and will keep you fuller longer. Snack on some olives! Not that I'm a doctor.
I have eaten some of these things in the past. Avocados are high in calories and it takes a few days to eat one without over doing it.
The last time I bought milk substitute drinks or blueberries or almonds I ate them very quickly. So I stopped buying. them.
Must give 5 almonds a day a go again.
Thanks for you suggestions.

My ability to feel full doesn't work properly and that's I why eat so much.
It is a standard trade off with anti psychotic meds and having to manage my weight is by far the biggest disability I have.

Oh - cooking Oatmeal:
I just put a small amount of tap water on it and eat it that way. The odd time I put it in microwave
There is oatmeal in muesli and people don't cook that.

Out of interest how much carbs do people here eat per day.
100g or 200g sounds about right?

I have eaten some of these things in the past. Avocados are high in calories and it takes a few days to eat one without over doing it.
The last time I bought milk substitute drinks or blueberries or almonds I ate them very quickly. So I stopped buying. them.
Must give 5 almonds a day a go again.
Thanks for you suggestions.

My ability to feel full doesn't work properly and that's I why eat so much.
It is a standard trade off with anti psychotic meds and having to manage my weight is by far the biggest disability I have.

Oh - cooking Oatmeal:
I just put a small amount of tap water on it and eat it that way. The odd time I put it in microwave
There is oatmeal in muesli and people don't cook that.

Out of interest how much carbs do people here eat per day.
100g or 200g sounds about right?
With how little you eat I wouldn't be worried about calories in good fat. They way you are eating seems like it's making it harder to stay full, have energy and lose weight. Just my opinion.

Since I am trying to lose, I am keeping my carb intake low so around 40g.

With how little you eat I wouldn't be worried about calories in good fat. They way you are eating seems like it's making it harder to stay full, have energy and lose weight. Just my opinion.

Since I am trying to lose, I am keeping my carb intake low so around 40g.
I could eat a kilo of oatmeal in a day.
And a few cans of beans on top of that.
This is not sorted easily.

Obviously you eat more veg if you change away from eating than amount of food.

Everything I have read says no one needs more than two tablespoons of oil per day.
I'd say that's for people who have more "normal" diets than you, and get fats in other ways. Doubling your olive oil intake to 3tbsp per day isn't going to do you any harm, and might do you some good

I dunno how many carbs I eat a day tbh, but I aim for 25g protein with every meal.

It's because those foods (albeit healthy) are higher in carbs, which stimulate appetite and hunger. Eating minimal protein and healthy fats causes increased hunger. So your way of eating is making you doubly hungry. Don't deprive yourself of tasty foods that will actually help you maintain health and weight. Life is too short man!

It's because those foods (albeit healthy) are higher in carbs, which stimulate appetite and hunger. Eating minimal protein and healthy fats causes increased hunger. So your way of eating is making you doubly hungry. Don't deprive yourself of tasty foods that will actually help you maintain health and weight. Life is too short man!
I give up.
I eat a lot no matter what.

I am not a foodie.
I hate oily food mostly because it is messy.
OK. Will leave it at that.

currently wearing a 24 hour blood pressure monitor because my blood pressure is much too high at the moment. 90% convinced i've mild long covid, this bout of mild ill health kicked off about six months ago, the morning after i went out for a 40km cycle a week after i thought i'd gotten over covid.

currently wearing a 24 hour blood pressure monitor because my blood pressure is much too high at the moment. 90% convinced i've mild long covid, this bout of mild ill health kicked off about six months ago, the morning after i went out for a 40km cycle a week after i thought i'd gotten over covid.
I remember playing a gig where our drummer showed up wearing one of these. I suspect the resulting readings were compromised.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back