Your favourite albums & songs for 07 so far... (3 Viewers)

lots of stuff thats been mentioned here already. I also really like the Elvis Perkins album, 'Ash Wednesday'. Lots of great tunes on it. Have been listening to MIA a bit and though I think theres some amazing stuff on it, other bits just hurt my ears.

Delorentos' album is great, but I think they re-recorded the songs that were on their EP and I preferred the versions on the EP (even though they weren't that different).

I quite like Meg Baird's album, but a single sitting from start to end can be trying sometimes.

baroness-the red album.
honorable mentions:
adebisi shank-e.p
queens of the stone age-era vulgais
baroness side of split with unpersons

think of more later..

Most of the stuff Unclealo mentioned - especially Thomas Truax. Ro's excellent "The Herring and the Brine"

Favourite song may well be Robotnik's "I found Jesus in the year 2027", but could also be Ro's "Ox in an open door" I'm undecided yet.

i'd like to think my one was deadly, but i'd say cormac's one will always kick its arse
:p
- leigh

wait till yiz hear our ep, lads.

it's a load of bollix. no, i mean...it's the shit.

battles
mumblin deaf ro
grinderman
spook of the thirteenth lock (live stuff)
adebisi shank stuff
jump windmill's new myspace stuff
also discovered the young leaves- they are currently rocking my world quite a bit.

It is rather good yes.

Not seen the new Beirut or Sunset Rubdown albums mentioned here, I like both of those very much.

have they released new albums already? I hadn't heard of new material from either. Must check them out.

Actually, I omitted to mention Somadrone's album. Its incredible. Sorry I missed him at the Electric Picnic. Hopefully he'll be playing about the place again soon.

Strawberry Jam, I would never have believed you if you told me I would be typing that a few months ago.

Best video/song combo - that XX Teens one.

Irish:
Terrordactyl ep (yet to be released but what I've heard is deadly)
Adebisi shank ep
Betamax Format ep (yet to be released but what I've heard is deadly)
Instruments of Divine Will (myspace stuff)
Drainland demo
Dj Dano & B-Koz - strictly for my coves

International:
Beastie Boys - the mix up
Battles - mirrored

the Other Men (pretty much a Heavy Vegetable reunion but even better than before) album is the best for me so far.i've also been enjoying the new Mice Parade and M.I.A, and the Panda Bear albums.

The album's a bit of a let down but Wanderlust by Bjork has to be one of the tunes of the year.been digging that especially since EP

Undecided about albums, but 'yer kids' off Julie Doiron's album and 'crossing line' off The Sea and Cake's 'Everybody' would be standout tracks. Actually the stars of the lid's triple lp and 'Everybody' would probably be my fav albums of the year thus far.

Live
Nina Nastasia in Douglas Hyde
Tara Jane O'Neil at the boom boom room
The ex at crawdaddy
final fantasy at electric picnic
gang gang dance in the hub

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back