You know you're getting old.... (1 Viewer)

you remember the film that was based on this being big deal.

Eat the Peach

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Can't think of words. A thought crosses my mind as someones talking and a moment later when I go to say it it's gone, or I can't think of the key word or name etc
Yeah this shit worries me a bit, given that my Da has Alzheimer's and apparently brain degeneration kicks off decades before it becomes noticeable

On the other hand my memory banks contain a lot more than they used to 30 years ago, so it makes sense that it takes longer to dig something out of them

Still though. Hard not to be a bit weirded out by it

Yeah this shit worries me a bit, given that my Da has Alzheimer's and apparently brain degeneration kicks off decades before it becomes noticeable

On the other hand my memory banks contain a lot more than they used to 30 years ago, so it makes sense that it takes longer to dig something out of them

Still though. Hard not to be a bit weirded out by it

No 20 year old thinks they are developing AD when the can't immediate recall something - while this does increase with age people focus on it more due to fear of AD/Dementia (sorry to hear about your Dad btw)

If you are worried about your risk of AD later in life, speaking as someone broadly speaking working in the field,from years of reading your posts on thumped, it sounds like your doing many of the accepted things to help reduce your risk through building and maintaining cognitive reserve - as well as having had a high level of education and being employed in a mentally engaging profession/industry etc.

(I realise at least some of the above reads as if it was written by @chatgpt)

Someone mentioned HR in work and I started singing "HR puff n stuff, he can't do a little, 'cause he can't do enough"

Hadn't a clue.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Someone mentioned HR in work and I started singing "HR puff n stuff, he can't do a little, 'cause he can't do enough"

Hadn't a clue.
Weirdly enough, my partner said something about HR puff n stuff and I had to google what that was.
I’ve heard it mentioned in passing but that’s about it.

Weirdly enough, my partner said something about HR puff n stuff and I had to google what that was.
I’ve heard it mentioned in passing but that’s about it.
Same here. I’m aware of the existence of it but in the same way I’m aware of the existence of minor Roman historical figures. They’re just names from an older time, a dead time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back