You know you're getting old.... (1 Viewer)

On my way home I heard Edel Coffey on the radio talking about her new book. Did she not post here one time? Like 18 years ago? I remember going to a house party in Rathmines where she lived with her partner at the time. She has 4 kids and two books now! I never knew. Fairplay. I need to check them out. It also made me feel old and unambitious.
She got a job in teh civil service and wrote books in her down time

I had Big Chat with the mother of a lad who I occasionally work with. I promised to have a word.

He's miles ahead of me in this career, but being young, he doesn't know that this stuff doesn't come easy to most of us.
Lovely kid, and worthy of his position. just apparently realising that adulting happens when you're an adult.

He needs a few days turning turf down the bog or something.

I had Big Chat with the mother of a lad who I occasionally work with. I promised to have a word.

He's miles ahead of me in this career, but being young, he doesn't know that this stuff doesn't come easy to most of us.
Lovely kid, and worthy of his position. just apparently realising that adulting happens when you're an adult.

He needs a few days turning turf down the bog or something.
*footing turf.

You’ve been in the big smoke too long.

No. Turning turf was the torture that this lanky corporeal being had trouble with. Sometimes we had to turn it twice.
Footing turf I genuinely could do all day every day. Shtucking, loading, loved it. Driving the big tractor.

But the turning was horrible to my big lanky ass.

No. Turning turf was the torture that this lanky corporeal being had trouble with. Sometimes we had to turn it twice.
Footing turf I genuinely could do all day every day. Shtucking, loading, loved it. Driving the big tractor.

But the turning was horrible to my big lanky ass.
It’s streamlined now.

I've been on the Jagermeisters tonight.

But turning turf was most of the work.

Maybe I'm a different kind of bogger to you, in a different bog.

I've never self-identified as a Bogger before, but I know Cormcolash is there.....waiting.

I did get to meet some cool frogs.

I'm in my gaff now. Hope I didn't offend anyone.

I really feel like I want to shtuck turf. My opinion might change by morning.

I've been on the Jagermeisters tonight.

But turning turf was most of the work.

Maybe I'm a different kind of bogger to you, in a different bog.

I've never self-identified as a Bogger before, but I know Cormcolash is there.....waiting.

I did get to meet some cool frogs.
il_570xN.3908679232_m8n2.jpg

On my way home I heard Edel Coffey on the radio talking about her new book ... She has 4 kids and two books now! I never knew. Fairplay. I need to check them out. It also made me feel old and unambitious.
Her first book was about someone leaving her kid in the car on a hot day and the kid dying. I just couldn't bear the thought of reading it

Her new book is about an old convict who is trying to go straight but some gangsters have kidnapped his daughter so he has to get the old crew back together to do one last heist so the mobsters will release his daughter.

Its a crime thriller, but at its core its about, family,

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back