You know you're getting old.... (2 Viewers)

There was a band tonight. Very young, as was the audience. Not young like early 20's, young like FIRST NIGHT OUT.

I enjoyed their general energy, if not their rubbish haircuts and clothes. The old boys at the back got into it (ahem).
The band did pack the gaff out, they brought all the crowd, and they were only the first of three bands. I'm at home now.

I asked barman "are you checking ID's tonight?" He nearly rolled over and went "Seanc, if it's 2006 on their ID it's ok. Two Thousand and Six!!!?!!!"

There was a band tonight. Very young, as was the audience. Not young like early 20's, young like FIRST NIGHT OUT.

I enjoyed their general energy, if not their rubbish haircuts and clothes. The old boys at the back got into it (ahem).
The band did pack the gaff out, they brought all the crowd, and they were only the first of three bands. I'm at home now.

I asked barman "are you checking ID's tonight?" He nearly rolled over and went "Seanc, if it's 2006 on their ID it's ok. Two Thousand and Six!!!?!!!"
Wha'? Kids born in the 90's aren't youngsters anymore??!
EDIT:
Where's the thumped Grandparenting thread??

Those games are AFTER my time with computer games, which were all cassettes!
Same here - was finished before Nintendo and Sega.
Played Commodore 64 cassette games like Arkanoid, Beachhead, Wizball and a flight simulator with terrible graphics where the plane, runways, mountains etc were just a few lines.
I thought video games were for kids which they kind of where at the start of 90s. "There did be no GTA in them days..."
Being a sports fan was my way of wasting my life.

Same here - was finished before Nintendo and Sega.
Played Commodore 64 cassette games like Arkanoid, Beachhead, Wizball and a flight simulator with terrible graphics where the plane, runways, mountains etc were just a few lines.
I thought video games were for kids which they kind of where at the start of 90s. "There did be no GTA in them days..."
Being a sports fan was my way of wasting my life.
Yeah, I was all Vic 20, C64, Spectrum and finished with the Atari 800 XL

On my way home I heard Edel Coffey on the radio talking about her new book. Did she not post here one time? Like 18 years ago? I remember going to a house party in Rathmines where she lived with her partner at the time. She has 4 kids and two books now! I never knew. Fairplay. I need to check them out. It also made me feel old and unambitious.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back