You fucking black emperors!!! (1 Viewer)

Re: Re: yup

Originally posted by the66electric
I'm guessing aching and evocative slow builders with atmospeherics, samples, strings and guitars ejeculating in a crescendo of noise and feedback. probably.

haha...true.

the aul' godspeed...not a bit predictable

still haven't gotten around to buying the most recent godspeed album, i've still not given the last album a proper listen. The first one(before someone sayes it - i know it wasn't actually the first one but it was the first one easily available here you nerd!) was on my stereo for a looog time a couple of years back

Skinny fists is brilliant. They are predicable at times but they still blow me away fro time to time.

there's also a chemical underground compilation album in Tower for 6.99 that has some crackers from Mogwai and Arab strap on it. 'Cunts' by Arab Starp is always a surprise.

I saw them in Galway first time they played - brilliant gig.
We took in a bottle of vodka in, and poured our own wee ones under the table - great days.
My and my mate went up to the band after and somehow, in a drunkin state managed to offend the lot of them - cracked a joke about how shite they played - the whole thing backfired on us.
Not very happy with us at all i`m afraid.
Then we asked them to sign a record for us..that really pissed em off.

ah fair fucks to ye, rimbaud

nah, there's enough po-faced cunts in post-rock.

efrim from godspeed should acquire a ken dodd-style tickling stick and have some mild mannered joshing with the front row.

I`ve no pity on em anyway...
Talking about physically attacking bands...
A member of SNAPCASE got his jaw broken at one of there shows in Germany during the weekend.
Rumoured to be the singer.A fight broke out in the crowd and the band tried to break it up - got the shit kicked out of themselves by geman punks.Nasty call...
Rock `n`roll - the way it was meant to be?

I agree with the herb. When it comes to bands taking themselves seriously, GYBE! (or is it GY!BE these days?) are front-runners.

Originally posted by the dirty weed
ah fair fucks to ye, rimbaud

nah, there's enough po-faced cunts in post-rock.

efrim from godspeed should acquire a ken dodd-style tickling stick and have some mild mannered joshing with the front row.

The people their gigs attract are worse, i'm a big godspeed fan, but some of the muppets than wet themselves over them are just horrible. I was in the toilets at their tbmc gig with sigur ros a few years back(1999?) and this guy comes up to me and goes, "Have you heard Godspeed man?" and i reply "Yes, i have, they're playing upstairs" Muppet - "No, i mean have you HEARD them?" Rubes.
I missed the silver mt zion show at whelans because i was sick as a dog but apparantly about halfway through someone from the crowd just goes in a really whiny nerd voice "THANK YOU" Music fans = muppets, all of em

I quite like them myself, and my copy of their first album has smelt of engine oil since the day I bought it - a remarkable thing.

Originally posted by Ed
The people their gigs attract are worse, i'm a big godspeed fan, but some of the muppets than wet themselves over them are just horrible. I was in the toilets at their tbmc gig with sigur ros a few years back(1999?) and this guy comes up to me and goes, "Have you heard Godspeed man?" and i reply "Yes, i have, they're playing upstairs" Muppet - "No, i mean have you HEARD them?" Rubes.
I missed the silver mt zion show at whelans because i was sick as a dog but apparantly about halfway through someone from the crowd just goes in a really whiny nerd voice "THANK YOU" Music fans = muppets, all of em

it was weird when they played the ambassador
when a band normally comes on the house lits go down and the stage lights go up
but with godspeed they walked onto a completely black stage while the auditorium was fully lit
it stayed like that for the entire gig
very odd

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back