You all probably won't understand (1 Viewer)

I had to split at half time, i left my da watching it. He was primed for his first coronary.

A small part of me is glad that i missed the rest.

A particular sort of Munster fan would have been even more unbearable had they won. Unfortunately it's the type that makes the most noise.

Even if they had pulled it off I don't think it would have been as big an achievement as those European cup wins.

Even if they had pulled it off I don't think it would have been as big an achievement as those European cup wins.

I don't know about that. Perhaps not but definately it would be a better achievement than the first win over the All Blacks. The 1978 team had mostly internationals and a handfull of Lions and were playing the NZ dirt trackers. This was a severely depleted Munster pack.

Still gutted.

Fucking cunt of a glubag ref.

I was otherwise engaged.
As a bitter and self-righteous football partisan today (yesterday I was an all-sports inclusive), I'm a bit sick of the inflated profile of rugby in recent years (the unholy rugby-GAA alliance really disturbs me, like spiders do girls). Even though I've followed the game from a distance since I was a kid, I've nothing but ill wishes for the lot of them.

I hear it was a great game a super occasion.

I don't know about that. Perhaps not but definately it would be a better achievement than the first win over the All Blacks. The 1978 team had mostly internationals and a handfull of Lions and were playing the NZ dirt trackers. This was a severely depleted Munster pack.

Still gutted.

Fucking cunt of a glubag ref.

Not to discredit the performance because the unknowns (from what I saw, I'm playing a gig on Friday so was practicing for much of the match) as well as the second line players like the 2 second rowers demonstrated that it's not just the top players that have the mental strength that's made Munster such a genuinely admirable team in the last decade but Rokokokokokokokokoko aside how many of that 15 wouldn't be a dirt tracker on this tour? Weepu maybe but pretty much the reason for that is that he had the patience to stay at home when Marshall and Kelleher fucked off to Europe. I'm not sure how many of the All Black pack last night would get into Munster's Heineken Cup XV.

Wasn't Michael Flatley there? Why did the Irish lads do a Riverdance or something to scare the b'jaysus outta the All Blacks??

how strong were the NZ side? i.e regulars etc.

a full strength Munster would have won. Pity this game came between the two Ireland matches. Could it not have been organised for a more convenient time?

It was pretty much the team that thumped the shit out of Scotland week before last. A second string team but AB's all the same.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back