xiu xiu (1 Viewer)

oh shit said:
anyone else like them? i dislike some of their music, but then i listen 'i love the valley OH' again.

i like em. very nasty and dark but not juvenile. they get my creep on.

yeah, 'i love the valley OH' is a fuckin amazing song, I like a fair bit of the rest of 'Fabulous Muscles' too. Problem is, and I suspect it might be the same with you B, what I don't like of them I REALLY can't stand. One of those burn a good cd-r album out of 3 real albums types.

yes, precisely! they look a bit mental too

xiuxiu.jpg

'Suha' on knife play is just beautiful. xiu xiu aren't bad. haven't download la foret yet but i saw them in ny in march, good show.

Has anyone heard Ian Curtis Wishlist.
That and another one I Broke Up: "This is the worst vacation ever! I am going to cut open your forehead with a roofing shingle!!"

That shits just funny. Never really listened to an album full though. Could be a bit grating I imagine. Must try some time.

I like how Xiu Xiu Larsen managed to turn Prince Charming into such a bog-standard indie song

"knife play" is a great album....after that i think their hit and miss, couple a good tunes on each album and then alot of self indulgent shite.

love that tune apistat commander off "a promise"

Yeah, they're probably my favourite band but even I can admit there is some stuff which just falls flat, think it's the nature of what they're doing though.

You can pre-order Women As Lovers with an extra dvd of videos and live footage from Killrockstars, well you could as of last week, it's limited edition so not sure if any left.

Anyone seen them live? Saw them at the Primavera '06 closing party, they were as intense as you would expect but I was so knackered I'm not sure how much I took in.

I saw them at this year's kill rock stars showcase at CMJ.
Lasted 3 songs. Horrid, horrid stuff! (Sorry Sean)
Mary Timony was great though. She played some Helium songs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

M Stevens & The Ghasts + Vega Storm
Wexford Street
Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back