XBox 360 (10 Viewers)

Nah it's still downloading. SOOOOO SLLOOOOOOWWWWW.

Dave have you been neglecting your social duties in favour of playing in a darkened room on your own?

Yeah pretty much, its great. I'm gonna crawl out of my dimly lit den of self loathing for the match tomorrow. Cassidys i think, i'm gonna try get a ticket for the fall after.

Yeah pretty much, its great. I'm gonna crawl out of my dimly lit den of self loathing for the match tomorrow. Cassidys i think, i'm gonna try get a ticket for the fall after.
Well if you get a ticket for the fall I'll see you there.

FIFA demo is very pretty, and play pretty well.

It just ain't pro evo. I'm stuck in my ways.

Well, my second 360 just died on me! Hilarious stuff. I'd not played it in about 5 days, turned it on when I got home from work to dload the Fifa demo and I got some lovely red lights!

This really is shockingly bad technology. Both my 360s have been treated well, but that doesn't seem to be the factor - they just seem to break at will. My dust smothered, beer stained, PS2 still works. I was a bit ticked off at first, but as usual Microsofts tech help are always a cool bunch and they've set the wheels in motion to fix/replace it. Still, 2 machines just giving up the ghost in the space of 10 months? Better to die now though. If it'd died when I had just bought Pes6...

Well, my second 360 just died on me! Hilarious stuff. I'd not played it in about 5 days, turned it on when I got home from work to dload the Fifa demo and I got some lovely red lights!

This really is shockingly bad technology. Both my 360s have been treated well, but that doesn't seem to be the factor - they just seem to break at will. My dust smothered, beer stained, PS2 still works. I was a bit ticked off at first, but as usual Microsofts tech help are always a cool bunch and they've set the wheels in motion to fix/replace it. Still, 2 machines just giving up the ghost in the space of 10 months? Better to die now though. If it'd died when I had just bought Pes6...

That is extraordinarily bad luck, Johnnyc. Mine has frozen during play twice and thats it. Still, like you say, it could have been worse. Imagine switching it on to play PES6 for the first time to be greeted by the red lights?

You would be handing over a bag of fragments to the Microsoft courier to replace.

That is extraordinarily bad luck, Johnnyc. Mine has frozen during play twice and thats it. Still, like you say, it could have been worse. Imagine switching it on to play PES6 for the first time to be greeted by the red lights?

You would be handing over a bag of fragments to the Microsoft courier to replace.

Bag of dust more like! :mad:
Thing is though, I don't reckon it's bad luck. It looks like par for the course for many people. If you check out some 360 forums, some poor fuckers are on machine number 5 or 6! Even try going to youtube and type in "red lights 360" and you'll see plenty. There's even a video of a machine in toys r us with the 3 lights of doom!

Ms are officially repairing/replacing without question any machine made before jan 1st 06. That's a huge fuck up.

"As part of our standard and ongoing process of analyzing repair data, we recently noticed a higher than usual number of [360] units coming in for repair," Microsoft said in a statement sent to GameSpot. "Upon further investigation, it was further discovered that the bulk of the units were isolated to a group that was part of the initial manufacturing run of the console. Returns for repair are coming in for a variety reasons, and it's a higher rate than we are satisfied with."

That's pretty much admitting "Yeah, we wanted to get em in shops for Santy so we threw any old shit into the box."

That really sucks, will you loose all of your data on the hard drive?

Hopefully mine will be OK as it wasn't from the first batch. My PS2 was never quite right as I got it on the release date.

i got my 360 last december and i haven't had a problem with it. yet.

my release day ps2 is still fine too.

I'm gonna hang onto my hard drive, but there's not much save data on it anyway. The bloke from MS said just send the console itself, not the HD, cables, etc.

This whole situation has put a major dent in my enjoyment of the 360. I hadda send the HD last time and it was "replaced", or more likely I was given someone elses as the one I got back was a bit grubby and had a few scratches. As a result I lost all my saves for Oblivion, GRAW, Hitman, Tomb Raider... I'm not the type to start games again from the start, so I'll never get my moneys worth from those top titles. Same thing is gonna happen now with Dead Rising. Can't even buy a memory card as the machine is pretty much dead as it is.

The Wii is looking more and more attractive! In fact, if the new Pes turns out to be sub par, I'm gonna sell my (repaired) 360.

Finished dead rising yesterday with the proper 'overtime' ending. Very enjoyable, though at times I wanted to throw the thing out the window.

Now to go back and do it all again from the start, now that frank can actually run and fight and carry more than four objects. Either that or get stuck into the infiinty mode.

Finished dead rising yesterday with the proper 'overtime' ending. Very enjoyable, though at times I wanted to throw the thing out the window.

Now to go back and do it all again from the start, now that frank can actually run and fight and carry more than four objects. Either that or get stuck into the infiinty mode.
i only started playing it last night... so far, i'm finding geometry wars more fun.

i only started playing it last night... so far, i'm finding geometry wars more fun.
Yeah it can be a real pain in the arse at times, you have to get the pp points to build up frank before it starts to get fun. Might be worthwhile blasting through it for a bit, getting frank a bit more useful and starting again.

On my first go I was nearly halfway through the missions when I realised I had saved well after the time set for the next case, so I had to start again. At the time I was raging, but starting again with better stats made it a bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

I finished Saints Row last night. Apart from it crashing a good few times and the appalling ending it was good fun.

Fight Night 3 is a pain in the hole, i think the first one was by far the best. Its just got slower and more frustrating, not helped when some thick yank is taunting me before whippin out a haymaker.

I'm gonna flog it later and get a new game, oblivion maybe.

Yeah thats about €15.

I got dead rising yesterday, i like it so far but the onscreen text is almost impossible to read on a standard telly. I'm squinting like an OAP playing it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back