Worst hipster bands ever (3 Viewers)

It's not the surprise of it. I merely suggested, without a hint of begrudgery and without even the slightest shred of evidence, that his popularity was bought with hard cash.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Ha

With a bit of

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

It just goes to show, we haven't a clue what a hipster is. Which is admirable and thick at the same time.

I'm pretty sure Boyzone isn't a hipster though.

It just goes to show, we haven't a clue what a hipster is.

Beyond the readily identifiable stereotype of the skinny jeans, v-neck t-shirt and affected facial hair, I don't think anyone does.

In general it seems to be used as shorthand for someone doing something voguish that we don't approve of.

A hipster is someone with a long square beard, a cardigan and a bicycle with a basket on the front. They were battered runners, skinny jeans, and sometimes have little tattoos on their neck.

They like organic food, they smoke fruit bongs, and are starting to get in to whiskey. They end each sentence with word 'like', and love the scratchy sound vinyl makes, some will be ultra ironic and stick on Abba's the Visitors to play to their guests at a house party. They are chilled, relaxed. and mostly middle class and probably had a privileged enough child hood,

They go to yoga a lot and meditate. That is my perspective of the hipster..music btw is a tiny, tiny component of the hipster, most don't really care that much about it and will just go with what Pitchfork tells them is the best album.

A hipster is someone with a long square beard, a cardigan and a bicycle with a basket on the front. They were battered runners, skinny jeans, and sometimes have little tattoos on their neck.

They like organic food, they smoke fruit bongs, and are starting to get in to whiskey. They end each sentence with word 'like', and love the scratchy sound vinyl makes, some will be ultra ironic and stick on Abba's the Visitors to play to their guests at a house party. They are chilled, relaxed. and mostly middle class and probably had a privileged enough child hood,

They go to yoga a lot and meditate. That is my perspective of the hipster..music btw is a tiny, tiny component of the hipster, most don't really care that much about it and will just go with what Pitchfork tells them is the best album.

The Visitors is a fantastic album.

Actually while i'm at it, there are worse things in this world than being chilled, relaxed, doing yoga and meditating. In fact I wish I did them so I could be more chilled and relaxed. Sounds like a good way to be. All hail hipsters!

Actually while i'm at it, there are worse things in this world than being chilled, relaxed, doing yoga and meditating. In fact I wish I did them so I could be more chilled and relaxed. Sounds like a good way to be. All hail hipsters!

Indeed, most hipsters are thoroughly nice and decent people and there is nowt wrong with that.

Beyond the readily identifiable stereotype of the skinny jeans, v-neck t-shirt and affected facial hair, I don't think anyone does.

In general it seems to be used as shorthand for someone doing something voguish that we don't approve of.
When this thread started, they were different though. They wore deckshoes and had moustaches.

I heard another of his songs today. Not bad, nice bluesy guitar. He's a good singer doing his own thing. Fair play to him I say.

Here's the prick..

hipster-artist.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back