Worst Gig Ever (1 Viewer)

In recent years, Glasvegas in the Academy springs to mind as being a really piss poor gig.

Thoroughly uninteresting band with feck all stage presence which they try to mask by blinding the audience with their light show.

oh wait, there's one worse than that. babes in toyland in vicar st (the venue at the front. forget the name) supported by an excellent les savy fav who pissed all over the headline act.

My friend was telling me about some awful Primal Scream gig a year or two ago where they were so out of their minds they played Rocks 3 or 4 times without even realising it until half way through the last time when the drummer or someone suddenly copped on and stopped playing out of embarrassment.

Anyway, he said it was both the worst and best of gigs ever

that sounds like every Primal Scream gig.

and I've been at them all for the last 10 years or so (in Dublin anyways).

oh I see, and i thought he knew his stuff

did anyone mention the Fuck Buttons upstairs in whelans? that was truly shite

to be honest, go see a band called Fuck Buttons and you get what you deserve

did anyone mention the Fuck Buttons upstairs in whelans? that was truly shite
Jaysus, i thought that was a great gig! Crocodiles was the worst gig i was ever at upstairs in Whelans - "Tonight Matthew, we're gonna be Jesus and Mary Chain".........

Elastica in the music centre in 2000/2001. Most of the crowd appeared to be there for the support act (muse) and then all their mics broke about 30 seconds into the first song.

poor Elastica

i always watch elastica with the sound down anywho. my worst gigs all involve the kings hall in belfast. the worst sounding venue on earth. big tin shed - never go see anything you like there, it will make you sad.

i mean look:

Belfast.jpg

Jaysus, i thought that was a great gig! Crocodiles was the worst gig i was ever at upstairs in Whelans - "Tonight Matthew, we're gonna be Jesus and Mary Chain".........

it was too full. I was down the back. Couldn't see anything. The sound was rubbish. I'm sure it was good up the front.

That Crocodiles gig was fairly 'special' alright. The shades made it for me! The least amount of effort I think I ever saw a band put into a performance. The star performer that night was the iPod they used for the backing tracks

there was a gig in the Sugar club a few years back and some Irish band played,they were being billed as "our very own placebo" apparently loads of label suits were over to see it
I only went cause I was chasing a bird in work who knew them or something
anyway they were fucking awful! the singer thought he was richey from the manics,and played guitar about as well as richey could
they clearly thought they were hot shit,but had spent more time on the make up than actually writing fucking songs

so bad they were that I fell asleep on the couch that used to be up beside the stage in the middle of the set (why the fuck was there a couch by the stage?) and the bouncers threatened to fuck me out,which would have been a relief only I was trying to get my end away

fucking dreadful,but what were they called?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back